Driver's side mirror messed up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver's side mirror messed up?

I was cleaning my driver's side mirror with windex and somehow the mirror messed up. I can't adjust it any, it just stays adjusted in. It acts like something is broke inside and is holding it out of adjustment. Anyone ever had this problem? I can take a pic if needed. I hope I don't have to buy a new mirror.

[ April 02, 2003: Message edited by: Andy H ]</p>
    2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5
    Flowmaster 80 series muffler, B&M ripper shifter, SLP grille

well I can see that 1 of the 3 cables that attaches to the mirror is broke. Do I have to buy a new mirror, housing and all?
    2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

mine has been broken for about a year I have a peice of cardboard between the mirror and the housing holding it in place untill I can find a car that has one in a junk yard. (not many around me) I am going to get the mirror and just remove it from the housing and replace it.
      Remember that sometimes, silence is the best answer.<br />Warren White<br />1996 PoloGreen Coup <a href=\"http://vampyr.settanni.net/\" target=\"_blank\">http://vampyr.settanni.net/</a> <br />\"Jealousy\"<br /> CTFBA member of the month Sept 03

Comment

lol, I put some black foam padding in mine to hold it. I called the dealer and they said they would have to order me a new one and paint it. I'm gonna take my car to the dealer tomorrow and see if they'll cover it under warranty.
        2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

I bought my 99 Camaro 0n 3/19/03. I was driving down the road and heard a slight pop from the drivers side mirror. 2 of the 3 cables pulled out of the mirror. You have to replace the whole mirror unit which includes the painted housing. I went through inspection and they failed me for it......THANK GOD!!!!! Now the dealership has to pay to replace and paint the new one which will be installed on Friday 4/4. I will get the cost for you and post over the weekend. =)
          Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
          1996 Camaro Conv
          2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

thanks for info! I have 40k miles on my car so my warranty is out but, I know a guy at the dealer so I'm gonna talk to him tomorrow and see what he says.
            2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

I bought mine with 54000 miles. The car isnt under warranty but the dealership must fix anything that failed inspection so I got lucky with that one.
              Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
              1996 Camaro Conv
              2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

Well they couldn't cover it under warranty but a guy I know that works there hooked me up with a new mirror. The new mirror cost $68 and he swapped everything out for me for free. They were able to take the internals out of the new mirror and put them in my mirror that way I wouldn't have to get the housing painted to match my car.
                2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

Just got the car back from the dealership. Thank God for the car not passing inspection. I did not have to pay for anything. The mirror and housing was 90.00, to paint it was 60.00 and to put it on the car was 74.95 = 224.95. Geez.....I am in the wrong line of work.
                  Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
                  1996 Camaro Conv
                  2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X