Home made Fan switch is pretty cool..... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home made Fan switch is pretty cool.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home made Fan switch is pretty cool.....

well someone posted a link to a home made fan switch....it was damn easy....and pretty cool...I dont really need it, but still cool just having a little green light come on...and being able to tell people you can control your fans :D ....little things amuse me.....I put mine in my ash tray, so it doesnt go in my eyes at night, yet I can still see it in the mirror of my ash tray.....I recommend

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

lol!

good!
    *MATT* <p>98 Camaro SS #1767 A4<br />Artic White<br />Not stock...<p>Former car:<br />96 Firebird Y87 A4<br />Bright Red<br />Wasn\'t stock...

Comment

just wait for the SES lights to start popping up :D :D
      Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

naaa, didnt cut any wires..... [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

05' CTS-V

Comment

whether or not you set ses lights off is dependent on the wiring method.

for a long time, i only used one setting, low...and that was connecting two jumpers on the relay, ,and completing the circuit via switch. however, there is a second way, whcih is touching one jumper, and grounding the other wire. this WILL trigger the SES light, but it's non performance related, ,so just laugh at it.
          2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

will this trigger the SES light or no navyblue?

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme3/intake/circuit

thank you, this is the setup i'm planning to go by, unless the SES light is planning on interupting this.
            2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme3/intake/circuit.html

man i suck with getting links right

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Only4U:
                http://www.angelfire.com/extreme3/intake/circuit.html

man i suck with getting links right
                <hr></blockquote>

Thats the exact one I did....and it works fine...it works by grounding out the wires you tapped off of....the 12v power is only for the lights...which are cool... :D

05' CTS-V

Comment

I still haven't found a switch I like. Those dark green and dark blue are from the pcm harness?

Comment

ya, i installed my switch today and here's the results. oddly enough, the SES light comes on ONLY when i turn the fan on "high" mode and leave it there for a minute. but if i leave it on low speed, there's not a ses light and i have no probs. i think what the computer MAY think is that whenever the fan starts going on high that the car is REALLY hot because generally it is supposed to come on at 215 degrees. anyway, that might be why my light came on. is there any way to override this ses light trigger so that i can turn my fan on high anytime i want and the light won't come on regardless of how long i leave the fan on or how hot the engine is running? thx.

Comment

you cant see the switch if you put it in your ash tray like I did (I dont smoke)....and yes thats where the wires come from....

05' CTS-V

Comment

man the switch is a life saver in my case: made my custon intake A LOT cooler...and the thing about the ses light--well, we just ungrounded the wire and cranked it up, and the light went off. we plugged the ground back in and cranked it up again, still no light. we drove around for an hour in various conditions (park, reverse, WOT, drive, yada, yada, and yada) and the light never came back on. i guess it's possible that we overode the switch by setting it off once and then telling it to shutup when we performed the same operation that was turning it on a second time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                          Good to see the site is back up
                          by 2.8 Bird
                          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                          3 hours ago
                        • FirebirdGT
                          New Site Hosting Issues
                          by FirebirdGT
                          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                          1 week ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X