my car is possessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my car is possessed

J/K...anyway I have a 1998 Firebird with the factory alarm system, and starting yesterday, whenever I lock the car the alarm sounds twice after about 30 seconds for no reason. It arms like normal, and then later it beeps but there's no reason for it to. It also went off last night at 3 AM (again, for no reason that I could see) which didn't make me popular with the neighbors [img]smile.gif[/img] .

In the 6 years I've had the car, it's never done this before, anyone else have a similar problem? The only thing I can think of that might be related is that it rained here the other day and a little today....but that shouldn't really make a difference.

You may have to adjust the settings of the alarm so that they are less sensative especially in weather.
    97 Camaro RS<br /><br />\"Just a V6 huh?, let\'s go find out how slow it is\"

Comment

Originally posted by Sixshot:
      J/K...anyway I have a 1998 Firebird with the factory alarm system, and starting yesterday, whenever I lock the car the alarm sounds twice after about 30 seconds for no reason. It arms like normal, and then later it beeps but there's no reason for it to. It also went off last night at 3 AM (again, for no reason that I could see) which didn't make me popular with the neighbors [img]smile.gif[/img] .

In the 6 years I've had the car, it's never done this before, anyone else have a similar problem? The only thing I can think of that might be related is that it rained here the other day and a little today....but that shouldn't really make a difference.
      mine did that i turn off the shock sensor and everythign and it still did it, i just went and and got a viper alarm and had it disconected, it was junk lol
      www.turbov6camaro.com
      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Alarm systems seem to be very touchy when it comes to battery voltage. If your voltage is low due to a failing alternator or battery, the alarm can do all sorts of weird things.
        1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

Originally posted by FunkZ:
          Alarm systems seem to be very touchy when it comes to battery voltage. If your voltage is low due to a failing alternator or battery, the alarm can do all sorts of weird things.
          had new battery but i didn't know that lol

i had a alamr shop check it out and they said it was the brain they couldm't fix it
          www.turbov6camaro.com
          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Well the problem seems to have corrected itself....it hasn't misbehaved all day today. Oh well, thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X