what is this plug for under the dash? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is this plug for under the dash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this plug for under the dash?

have a 94 camaro, and there is a little black box under the dash.. its under the steering wheel and off to the right slightly. There is a plug/ black pin connector type thing on the box. My buddy said it might be for some type of car alarm. It looks like it was stock with the car, just wondering if anyone knew what it was for. If it was put in there, then what possibly was it for.
    1994 Camaro 3.4L Auto Maroon<br /><a href=\"http://userpages.umbc.edu/~panic1/pics.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://userpages.umbc.edu/~panic1/pics.htm</a>

That's the hookup for the GM dealership scan tool. It allows them to pull check engine light codes and read various other information from the car. It's nothing you will ever use.

Comment

nothing you'll ever use?? Im pretty sure I use mine all the time....... www.obd-2.com ..... check it out ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

It's for your OBD2 scan, as others mentioned.

Moving to General Tech....
        <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
          Good to see the site is back up
          by 2.8 Bird
          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
          4 hours ago
        • FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          1 week ago
        • LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X