Built motor questions???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built motor questions???

If i build a 3800 motor for my 96 bird can i put a 98+ upper intake on it and run an air box like the v8 cars?

I would imagine so, just need the hood clearance. Also, if you go with a 99+ intake you will need to check the throttle cable length, cause there may be more distance to get to the angled throttlebody.

Anything is possible, all depends on $$ and being mechanically inclined with a bit of common sense.

Comment

Yeah Pewter2K1 is right about the $$ factor. I would reccomend you go with a 98 intake if your 96 already has the angled intake just because it would be less of a headache. Also, just get an SLP highflow air lid and ram air intake coupled to a K & N filter and you will have quite a mean setup. You might also check www.knfilters.com and see if they make an AirCharger for the 98 model, if they do it will work on your 98 intake if you get one. Good luck with all [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

yea go with the 98 setup so you keep the throttle body without the mess of switching over to the 99+ style. 98 setup will allow for the air lid as well. However make sure there is hood clearance like pewter2k1 mentioned cuz it might be a pretty tight fit with a 96 hood. Unless you did the front end conversion to switch your front end to the newer style.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by supersean:
          If i build a 3800 motor for my 96 bird can i put a 98+ upper intake on it and run an air box like the v8 cars?
          There is no difference between the upper intake from 96 to 98. If you want to run an air box setup, it'll work fine with your 96, except that you'll need a new radiator support thing, and there may not be enough room to close the hood. ;)
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Yea if i do it ill buy a ram air hood before so ill know ill have enough room for sure. Also what would get more gains good flowing air box or CAI?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X