Just changed my fuel filter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just changed my fuel filter...

It was so damn easy! I've had the car for 40k miles or so and I'm almost sure that it was never changed. When I disconnected the line from the tank to the filter, all of this thick black gunk flew out all over the place. I recommend having a pan to catch the gas (I smell like **** and I took a shower already!). Anyway I feel like my car pulls harder... is this just placebo or does it really effect torque and hp?
    \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

prolly just burns gas better, but idk, i need to do mine one of these days
    99 WS6
    13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
    tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

for future reference, pull your fuel pump fuse next time and start the car, then let it idle untill it dies. When you go to start it again, turn the ignition on then off 2 or 3 times to let the pump rebuild the pressure. No gas on da face and arms! It took me 3 filter changes in various cars before someone told me that.
      flowmaster 80<br />catco highflow cat<br />b&m ripper<br />homemade cai<br />accel 8.5 mm wires<br />hypertech 160 thermostat<br />reprogrammed PCM<br />rockford fosgate and sony<br />centerforce dual friction clutch<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/838896\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/838896</a>

Comment

I wasn't able to find the fuel pump fuse... is it labeled fuel pump? Anyway, depressurizing the filter would have been beautiful... oh well, I just hope I don't make my bed stink like hell.
        \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Comment

Originally posted by eDoog:
          I wasn't able to find the fuel pump fuse... is it labeled fuel pump? Anyway, depressurizing the filter would have been beautiful... oh well, I just hope I don't make my bed stink like hell.
          its under the hood,

and gm put a sharder valve on the fuel rail for just that reason lol
          www.turbov6camaro.com
          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

I know... I couldn't find the damn vavle either. Oh well, gas all over the place = fun stuff

Comment

Originally posted by eDoog:
              I know... I couldn't find the damn vavle either. Oh well, gas all over the place = fun stuff
              pass side of fuel rail for the 3.8, right behined alt. you see a little cap, unscrew it and push down would like you deflate a tire...
              www.turbov6camaro.com
              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Well hells bells. Thanks for the info, next time...

Comment

do it 1st thing in the morning. i had 0 pressure in the lines in the morning.

Comment

thanks for the info viper. i will need to know that soon ;)
                    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X