troubleshooting ocasional miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• troubleshooting ocasional miss

My car misses sometimes. Especially when it's been standing overnight and you start driving it will miss occasionally. When it gets hot it's fine.

Plugs have been changed less than a year ago (10k miles ago), brand new MSD wires changed like 3 months ago, replaced one coil like a year ago...

I'm starting to think it might be fuel filter, since it's never been changed. If it was coil there would be some sort of consistency to misfire. It might also be wires, but how can wires be burned out in 2 months (I routed them very carefully).

Take it to a dealer and have them hook it up to one of there scanners. They can tell which cyclender, if its firing, and what could be the possible problem. My dad is a GM tech, I got to see the scanner reading the cars codes and vitials while it was running with a graph showing all 6 cyclenders and there operation. If theres a problem there the scanner will show it. I aslo have a 2000 m5 but mine is a Camaro
    255/50R16 Tires, Pioneer Deck, Pioneer 4 Way speakers, PPI Amps, JL subs, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, Optima Yellow Top

Comment

dealer = rip off lol

umm my car was doing that alot after my rebuild it was foling the plugs, and when the car got hot the plugs would self clean.

just because the wires are not burnt does not mean there not arching to metal some were.

at night when the car is cool pop your hand and look in the bay, if theres a arch you will hear/see it in the bay, have someone rev the car a little for you to, and see if you can find anything.

BTW my MSD wires was arching like a bit(h till had had good plug on the other end of them
      www.turbov6camaro.com
      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X