Misfire during accelleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misfire during accelleration

In forth and fifth gears most of the time if the cars speed gets kinda low it misfires .......... Help me if you can. I think the fuel injectors need cleaning but I am not sure.
    Samuel \"Keith\" Burns

Keith...I am gonna ask a stupid question here...but how low are the rpm's when it does this?
    97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

Plugs and Wires, trust me.... when was the last time they were changed? check and make sure you don't have the wires laying on anything. On my drivers side, the wires were resting on a metal mount. It happened to slice one of my wires, but it wasn't that noticeable. I was just looking really hard! Once the plugs and wires were replaced, everything was fine. I also had some sort of buildup on one of the coils, used rubbing compound to get it off. For all I know, my plugs could have been fine, but the wires needed replacement. A bad wire can foul up a plug which then causes the miss-fire.

Comment

I had the same problem but I also got a check engine light eventually. The code I got was misfire, multiple cylinders. Changed the wires and plugs and coils. Runs like a champ now!!! Good luck!
        1997 Camaro 3800 5-speed<br />Flowmaster 80 series catback dual exhaust w/ chrome tips and !cat mod<br />K&N Drop In w/ Removed silencer<br />Freedom Designs STB<br />Motorola Hands Free Kit<br />Code Alarm Security System<br />Eclipse 5441i and PPI Amplifier<br />Q-logic dual enclosure w/ Polk 12\" subs<br />Reflective Concepts rear fill<br />Rear Front and Fog black outs<br />20% side tint 5% rear tint

Comment

ya dude i hade the same problem. is this a comman prblem or what.
          1996 CAMARO M5 3.8, SLP CAI, FLOWMASTER CAT BACK WITH 80 SERIES.<br />MODS ON THE WAY ZEXEL LSD, ONE PIECE DRIVESHAFT.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X