i dont think its overheating buuutttt. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i dont think its overheating buuutttt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont think its overheating buuutttt.

I get on the freeway and goo less than a mile and the car says check guages, it in the red soo im nervous. i pull off the freeway and the car is running normal and i pop the hood in the gas station and put my hand on the manifold and its cold to the touch, mind you its like 40 degrees outside. the temp goes down really fast as soon as i stop. once i pull of again it shoots up and withn 3 secs its back buried past the red again, at the light within 3 secs it back at the middle wtf. everylight it eventually goes almost to the red and then as i pull off it drops wayyyy down then creeps back up to the red???? wassup :(
    \"Ride this MF till the wheels fall off, live yo life\"<br />Martin Lawrence

umm thats wierd

its not your fans.....

could be water pump
    thermo sticking....

i don't know
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

thermo sticking... not sure i understand, does that mean thermostat is broken? thats what i figured it was too

Comment

Originally posted by Ray:
        thermo sticking... not sure i understand, does that mean thermostat is broken? thats what i figured it was too
        yeha some times they get stuck closed, but if that was the case you would overheat if you was moving or sitting still.

how many miles on the car?
        www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Mine does the same exact thing your going along then bam check gauges comes on and its in the red...I just pull over fill up the radiator to the very top and it stops. I just changed my thermo and it still does it so I dont know, it might not be the thermo

I would like to know too...
          <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/onebad9d5\" target=\"_blank\">1995 Red 3.4L Camaro</a><br /></b><br />Dont laugh if you see me pushing, no reverse, tranny needs rebuild.

Comment

UMM YOU COULD HAVE AIR IN THE SYSTEM. TRY BEELDING IT

ALSO YOU YOU HAVE TO FILL IT YOUR LOSEING FLUID SOMEWERE
            www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Make sure you still have that black plastic airdam underneath the nose of your car. It directs airflow up in front of your radiator. You will overheat without it. My dad has warned me about parking because of this very reason, as soon as you get onto the freeway there is not enough air to cool off the radiator. Otherwise check the thermo and replace your coolant, 30$ well spent for those, extra insurance for the price.
              255/50R16 Tires, Pioneer Deck, Pioneer 4 Way speakers, PPI Amps, JL subs, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, Optima Yellow Top

Comment

Originally posted by Razzer:
                Make sure you still have that black plastic airdam underneath the nose of your car. It directs airflow up in front of your radiator. You will overheat without it. My dad has warned me about parking because of this very reason, as soon as you get onto the freeway there is not enough air to cool off the radiator. Otherwise check the thermo and replace your coolant, 30$ well spent for those, extra insurance for the price.
                oh yeah for got about that thing lol
                www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

ok soo im on my way home and poof bellows of white smoke and the sweet smell of antifreeze. dern shame gasket or cracked block or somethin.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X