when i turn my AC on, my car misfires... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when i turn my AC on, my car misfires...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when i turn my AC on, my car misfires...

but when i turn it off, it runs strong.

say im driving, no ac on, no SES light either. but then i decide to roll the windows up, and the ac on, first of all..my car turns into a ****en hog and boggs like crazy, and after about 5 min of driving with the ac on, i get an SES light.

im assuming its a missfire?
    96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Not sure about the SES code... but if I want power, I sacrifice the AC. It definitely takes away from performance.

Can you hear it miss firing? or just feel the "lack of go"?

I just recently had missfire problems and could hear and feel the car missing... replaced the plugs and wires and everything was fine. Not sure how your AC would cause a miss fire.

Have the SES light on and take it to AutoZone and have them A-tap it.... should give you a code and narrow down some of the possiblities.

Comment

i dont even kno where an autozone is around my neighborhood..

but as for the feeling.. i know how a misfire feels, its like a jerk and vibrates really bad.

but this is more like..a CHUG CHUG, like as if its not getting enough gas? or osmething.. like my car is getting sufficated of something or another.. its not cool!!
      96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

i can't help you with your prob but if you don't know of a autozone, Advanced Auto parts stores do it to, or at least they do around here.

Comment

check the terminals on the coil packs. I had the same problem, and it turned out one of my coil pack terminals was rusting
          GM 3800 PowerPak guinea pig<p>\"what cam, that\'s just a nasty mis-fire...\"

Comment

geez... here are more details! Read my post about buildup on the coils here...

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c&f=1&t=006735

Comment

Has anybody stopped to think that there is NOTHING WRONG with his ign at all?
              Please tell me how the A/C will effect what your ign fireing will do as soon as you hit the button?

Im going to suggest that you get the car looked at and get the code pulled.
              Also, look into the clutch that is in the compressor for the A/C....
              I'd personally, and this is just me, think that if the ign is running fine with the A/C off, its not going to change with it on.
              Start the car, and have someone look at the A/C pulley and ensure that it's actually turning when the clutch is engaged. If it's causing a drag, then the engine will run like crap, becouse there is such a huge drag/drain on the motor.

But then again, Im not there, and It's not my ride.
              Def. get the code pulled as well, or your really going to be shooting in the dark tho.
              Keep us posted on the outcome as well.

Comment

it is misfiring bad when the ac is on because you are putting the engine under more load.. when you do so this will make a misfire situation more prevelant... I'm willing to bet it will do the same situation pulling a hill in a higher gear.. now I'm not talking about lugging the motor just putting it under more load.. if this is the problem I'd bet it is an ignition problem.. now be it a plug, wire, coil pack or something else in the ignition that is going to have to be diagnosed..
                -Brad
                98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
                2000 V-Star Custom 1100
                If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
                :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X