New guy, simple question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy, simple question

Hey all, signed up here because it seems to be an excellent source of info for one of my current projects. The project consists of one 89 rx7 and a 3.8/t5 combo pulled from a 98 camaro.

Now for the simple question, probably one of many to come. Was a/c standard on all of the 3.8 powered f-bodys and if so has anyone devised a belt/pulley set up to ditch the a/c compressor?

1. no

2. yes

if it hasn't been talked about in this forum, it was in advanced tech.

Comment

Welcome. Just commenting on your other car. How do you like your rx-7?
      2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

Originally posted by majeskyb:
        Welcome. Just commenting on your other car. How do you like your rx-7?
        Love them, I have three. One with the rotary, no torque but awesome in the corners. One recieving the 3.8/t5. And the third will be the stupid fast one, It has a 392c.i. SBC that should make 800hp at the flywheel.

The rx7 is an excellent car for the twistys, it's affordable, easily upgraded, and very light weight. Their rotary motor is neat but lacks power.

Comment

just raced an rx7 with a rotary, took till 115 to pass the guy. his car cornered well. not sure what his mods are but flames were coming out of both exhaust pipes when he shifted....dunno why. closest race i have had in a while.
          anyways... welcome and good luck with surviving the new rx3.8 or the rx800(hp)
          96 Camaro 3.8 A4 Basemodel: 8 mm wires, Shift Kit, Hollowed <br />Cat(o2 sims), RKSport exhaust, IAT 5.6K resistor, Home Depot CAI<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;15.375 @ 89.27&lt;&lt;&lt;NEW BEST TIME <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X