temp problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temp problem

lately my car has been reading above the 260 degree mark. It only happened twice in the last week but it is weird. It will read 260 then i cut it off for maybe 2 minutes then cut it back on and its at 210. The thermo is 180 and it works fine i tested it. The coolant is full and is flowing fine except when you hold the radiator hose it feels kinda gurgly. I dont know it the sending sensor is out but it is weird it has only hapened twice but normal the rest of the time. Anyone have any clue what this could be or anything i could try to find out. I have searched and haved read for an hour now and still havent founf this problem. thanks for any help.
    Mods List:FREE ram air mod,FREE air lid smoothing mod,Air silencer removal,K&N Filter,Magna Flow Exhaust. cat delete, 3.42 + lsd.2600 stall tc,alto red eagle complete tranny rebuild.

If it's gurgling it may have air in the system. There's that bleed screw by the thermostat, you should open that to make sure any air gets out. There's instructions in your owner's manual.
    2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

yeah, sounds like you didnt bleed it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i bled it and all that crap when i flushed and changed the stuff, everything is working like it is suppose to from what my mechanic said, he thoght it might be a sensor telling the guage wrong. but didnt have time to check that
        Mods List:FREE ram air mod,FREE air lid smoothing mod,Air silencer removal,K&N Filter,Magna Flow Exhaust. cat delete, 3.42 + lsd.2600 stall tc,alto red eagle complete tranny rebuild.

Comment

Maybe it is an intermittent sensor problem. You could try hooking an ohmmeter to the sensor, and then put the tip of the sensor into some water that you are warming up. Watch the meter to see if the values change smoothly, or if they start jumping around. Also, you should find what the values should be at caertain temps, and then see if your sensor shows those values as you warm the water. So you'll also need a thermometer to check the actual water temp in the pan.

Or, if they're cheap enough, say screw it and buy a new sensor and see if that fixes the problem.
          2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X