Heat through firewall.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat through firewall.

I was wondering if anyone can feel heat radiating through the fire wall when they drive? seems like my car has quite a bit coming through.
    1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

i know what you mean, i have that same thing happen with my car.
    1996 Chevy Camaro SS<br />#67 of 2,410 made that year with the slp package<br />Street Lethal Fbody Association Member<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cars-on-line.com/97cam11475.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cars-on-line.com/97cam11475.html</a>

Comment

yep..here 2. right by my feet..always toasty!
      94 3.4L A4 white t-tops<br />moroso cai<br />3\"hi-flow pacestter exhaust<br />b&m shift kit<br />catco cat<br />01 T/A rear w/ 3.73\'s and posi<br />1 pc aluminum ds<br />blacked out signals

Comment

Well it is sorta comforting to hear others have this as well be then again disturbing.

Comment

well it looks like its all from the 3.4L what the post yall made
          <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

It sucks, I don't need to use my heater during the cold months most of the time. Either the fire wall isn't insulated or 3.4's run really hot.
            1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Well I'd like to add that with the cab forward design of our wounderfull cars the engine is pretty much tucked 1/2 under the dash, so you feet are right are next to hot spots...

J/K - :rolleyes: just put a bag of ice on your floor board... :D

Off this topic... question for 4thgenowner & Camaro15 ??
              How do you like your legacy amp...? I was thinking of getting one and I really like the controller that can be mounted under the dash to turn it off and on...any ifo would help...thanks

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

[ June 19, 2002: Message edited by: Swata ]</p>
              2006 Mustang Premium GT - Legendary Green - LLR#00321
              Tint: %5 Rear/Louver & %35 doors, BBK CAI w/Brenspeed XCALII tune, Sill inserts,
              Shorty Antenna, Billet Locks, JBA Exhaust- The quest continues

Comment

I feel it too. it's probly comming from the headers. just get your headers ceramic coated and then put exhaust wrap over them. the engine as well as your lower extremities will enjoy the lower temps.
                2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

well from a 3.8 guy I "sorta" had that problem. By my feet I'd feel massive amounts of heat but what I found out later was that my A/C controls were set all the way to the right to heat. Even w/o anything turned on there was hot air coming from underneath. Turn it over to cold and it was gone. :D

Comment

that is the way mine used to be but that doesn't work anymore.

Comment

Yes, I love it. I find the subs hit harder when the bass boost isn't hooked up. Also with the hatchback design of your car they hit harder if you face them down towards the floor. They do for me anyways.
                      1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 4thgenowner:
                        Yes, I love it. I find the subs hit harder when the bass boost isn't hooked up. Also with the hatchback design of your car they hit harder if you face them down towards the floor. They do for me anyways.<hr></blockquote>

dude, I think you posted in the wrong thread.

Comment

Thats what I thought too but swata asked a questiong and he was just answering it. [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

Comment

i like it, it pounds good, i have my subs facing up and never tried facing them to the floor but maybe i will have to try that, the only thing i didn't like is the other day when i was driving around and it was on for like maybe 1 hour it shut off cause it has it that it shuts off when it gets too hot and it was only like 78 out i think, but 15 minutes later i tried it again and it worked fine, other than that i love it.
                            1996 Chevy Camaro SS<br />#67 of 2,410 made that year with the slp package<br />Street Lethal Fbody Association Member<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cars-on-line.com/97cam11475.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cars-on-line.com/97cam11475.html</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X