Question about lost power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about lost power

ok, i used to be able to spin the tires from a dead stop just slamming the gas, i cant do that any more... (i know part of my problem is my sub box)... but i was able to do it a little with that in... what im wondering is where the EGR sensor hooks up to the headers.. i have a leak (does anyone know what i can do about that) and do you think that could be a reason for losing some power?
    Green 97 Camaro RS 30th Ann.<br />3800 II<p><b>MODS</b><br />BORLA rear exhaust section, RKSport Headers, Hi-Flow Catylitic Converter, SLP CAI, Sylvania Silver Star Headlights, Eibach Pro Springs, Bilstein Shocks/Struts, 1LE Front/Rear 32/21mm Sway Bars w/Poly Bushings and Poly endlinks<p>And a bad @SS MTX System

Welcome to the hot summer, where tires grip and engines lose power running 220F.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

yeah i know what u mean, im in North dakota, heats not too much of a problem... im mostly wondering what i can do about my leaky egr, i know that it leaks where the hose connects to the header.... ive tried tightening with no luck
      Green 97 Camaro RS 30th Ann.<br />3800 II<p><b>MODS</b><br />BORLA rear exhaust section, RKSport Headers, Hi-Flow Catylitic Converter, SLP CAI, Sylvania Silver Star Headlights, Eibach Pro Springs, Bilstein Shocks/Struts, 1LE Front/Rear 32/21mm Sway Bars w/Poly Bushings and Poly endlinks<p>And a bad @SS MTX System

Comment

you will lose power down low with that leak but might actually be a little faster at highway speeds. I dunno if a little leak in the EGR would make as big a diff. as the heat and humidity, even in ND.
        7\"TV, DVD player, WW ground effects<br />2800 stall, aluminum DS, NX wet kit<br />15.39 (G-tech) stock w/3.42 LSD

Comment

is there anyway to seal that place better so it doesnt leak, its annoying makes a gay noise

Comment

hey man, i know how you feel, i have the same problem w/ my pacesetter headers. i think im about to jb weld my tube to the headers, ill let you know how that works. you can also buy a small block off plate ($5) online. and just pull the EGR tube and let it hang loose, your engine will run quite a bit cooler, but you will lose about a mile of gas per gallon, and you car wont pass an emissions test.
            _davjos81- 02 v6<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/davjos81\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/davjos81 </a><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/davjos81\" target=\"_blank\"> <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/davjos81\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/davjos81</a> </a> <br /><br />-over $8,000 invested! Too many mods to list, just check out my site!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X