slightly erratic temp. when cold..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slightly erratic temp. when cold..

Well I am paranoid about watching my gauges..but I just want to know if anyone else notices this. When I start up my car cold, I let it sit idle for a few minutes then I go. The engine temp is still showing cold and I drive slowly for the first few minutes. Once the temp gets off cold, I start driving normally. Well, what's happening is when the needle is just starting to get off 160 degrees..and I give it considerable gas...it jumps to the line inbetween 160 and 210 (about 185). Then when I let off it goes back down close to just above 160.

As I keep driving it eventually settles just at about 185..so I know that's normal...but I'm just afraid I have air in the system or something. So anyone else notice this?

when you give it gas it cools the stuff the RAD more and that cools the motor more (thermo shuts and opens, let in the more cool coolent). then after everything in th car is warm and up to opp temp the coolent flows constenly. give you a constant temp.

maybe check yo coolent and if you have over 80k mile i would replace your water pump
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Yup I have 88,XXX. And a brand new water pump was installed about 5 months ago...Along with a valve job and replacement of a cracked head!!! :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X