Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Problems

Hi,

I recently had a problem with my '97 bird (3.8L). It seemed to misfire at idle. About 2 years ago I put in Bosch platinum +4 in. I've heard other people having problems with them and assumed this was the case. Then a couple of days ago it was misfiring so bad I had to take action. I said F-it and bought a OBD2 reader from autozone. It read P0300-multi misfires. I tested the first coil and had secondary resistance. But the second one didn't. Though the second coil had primary resistance. I replaced the second coil and everything is running good. After all that my question is 'starting on the first crank.' Whenever I start my car almost always it won't start on the first crank. But it will always fire on the second crank. I always thought it was the +4 plugs. Now I have plain Bosch platniums and new Bosch wires. Anyone have any direction were to start? I'm getting no codes now. I changed out just one of the coils. Should I change out the other 2? They both showed secondary resistance. Any ideas?

Randy

Have you changed your fuel filter lately. Could be your fuel pump isn't pressurizing the system well enough too. It sounds like you've done some good ignition troubleshooting, that's why I'm leaning more towards fuel delivery issues.
    2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

I had random misfires + hard start, turned out to be the fuel pressure regulator.
      <a href=\"http://www.fatninjas.com/camaro\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Convertible</a>

Comment

I bought a new fuel filter for the ****s and giggles of it when I bought the coils. But I just replaced the filter about 1-1/2 years ago. So I decided not to put it in yet. Is there a way to test the fuel pressure regulator? I'm going to call the parts store and see how much one is. If it's cheap enough I'm just going to replace it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
          by ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
          1 week ago
        • RPDRed6
          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
          by RPDRed6
          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
          3 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          No start problem
          by ssms5411
          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X