help!! with plug wire install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!! with plug wire install

i have a 93 3.4 and i drew the diagram for my wires wrong and now I dont know what wire goes to what coil. I know the firing order is 123456 because I looked it up in the engine tech database but what is cylinder 1,2,etc . if you could please post a diagram and/or tell me the order like right rear passenger is #5, left middle driver is 3, etc i still know what wire goes to what cylinder i also cant get the boot off of the front passenger plug what could i do to get it off should i break the ceramic on the plug then try to pull it off because if it stuck on the top and bottom then when i break the plug in half it would then be only half as hard to get the boot off please help me!!!
    93 3.4 w/K&N FIPK installed 1/13/04

Next time you do that I reccomend taking them off one at a time and replacing them. And I wouldnt reccomend breaking the plug...

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
    1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
    1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

If you are looking at the coils from the front of the car, they are 1-4-6-3-2-5 from passenger side to driver's side. The front, passenger side cylinder is #1, #2 is driver's side front, #3 is middle passenger side, #4 is driver's side middle and so on.
      - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

thanks for the info i took them all off because the wire directions said to start with the longest one first so i took what i thought was the longest one off and it wasnt so i didnt want to put the wrong wire on so i took them all off so i could match them up to the right wire i got the stuck boot off by breaking the plug in half. the boot just fell off with the broken part of the plug
        93 3.4 w/K&N FIPK installed 1/13/04

Comment

When I change the wires on the Vette, I take the wires off one by one and I match them up by length and put them back.

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
          1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
          1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

usually twisting the boot will break it loose

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X