help!! with plug wire install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!! with plug wire install

i have a 93 3.4 and i drew the diagram for my wires wrong and now I dont know what wire goes to what coil. I know the firing order is 123456 because I looked it up in the engine tech database but what is cylinder 1,2,etc . if you could please post a diagram and/or tell me the order like right rear passenger is #5, left middle driver is 3, etc i still know what wire goes to what cylinder i also cant get the boot off of the front passenger plug what could i do to get it off should i break the ceramic on the plug then try to pull it off because if it stuck on the top and bottom then when i break the plug in half it would then be only half as hard to get the boot off please help me!!!
    93 3.4 w/K&N FIPK installed 1/13/04

Next time you do that I reccomend taking them off one at a time and replacing them. And I wouldnt reccomend breaking the plug...

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
    1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
    1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

If you are looking at the coils from the front of the car, they are 1-4-6-3-2-5 from passenger side to driver's side. The front, passenger side cylinder is #1, #2 is driver's side front, #3 is middle passenger side, #4 is driver's side middle and so on.
      - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

thanks for the info i took them all off because the wire directions said to start with the longest one first so i took what i thought was the longest one off and it wasnt so i didnt want to put the wrong wire on so i took them all off so i could match them up to the right wire i got the stuck boot off by breaking the plug in half. the boot just fell off with the broken part of the plug
        93 3.4 w/K&N FIPK installed 1/13/04

Comment

When I change the wires on the Vette, I take the wires off one by one and I match them up by length and put them back.

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
          1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
          1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

usually twisting the boot will break it loose

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X