my starter grinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok if tis ok then no problem.

Just saying I got one for like $20, and I have seen like 2 others floating around in the for sale section.
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

i had this new starter from Oreillys work like 4 times. I drive my car, it probably looses power (IDK why?) I go to start it and it just does the high pitched "Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz" sound (like the old one was) again (like its not making contact with the flywheel) (like its not engaging the solenoid). I take the thing to oreillys to have them check it and it just seems like its not getting enough power to engage.
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

the starter is not disengageing and it will burn up i had mine do it for 6-8 months. try turning the car off while it is making the noise it will try and start again.
        96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

Originally posted by victimizati0n:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BobbyZ72:
          yes, its getting stuck when it makes contact.
          ok, maby i can take it off, and clean it up... maby it will work </font>[/QUOTE]You can not clean it, its built inside a small plastic housing. replace it, its just a few dollars.
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

Originally posted by david8399:
            the starter is not disengageing and it will burn up i had mine do it for 6-8 months. try turning the car off while it is making the noise it will try and start again.
            ????

it only does it for 1/2 a second... if that

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyZ72:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by victimizati0n:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BobbyZ72:
              yes, its getting stuck when it makes contact.
              ok, maby i can take it off, and clean it up... maby it will work </font>[/QUOTE]You can not clean it, its built inside a small plastic housing. replace it, its just a few dollars. </font>[/QUOTE]oh ok, i took the starter apart in my 69 camaro, and i figured they were the same concept/design.

Comment

it only does it when it is cold outside.

i started it up today when it was warm, and it didnt make the sound

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                  by ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                  1 week ago
                • RPDRed6
                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                  by RPDRed6
                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                  3 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  No start problem
                  by ssms5411
                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X