Alternator Problem!! URGENT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator Problem!! URGENT!!!

In the past week I have gone through 2 alternators. The one I bought the car with I kinda figured was about shot because it never kept a steady reading, but then it went and I replaced it and that worked great for not quite a week. Then today I noticed a whine and the alternator was way too hot to touch after driveing only a block. So I then went and returned it and got a new for free, but now that alternator isn't charging AT ALL!! HELP GUYS! Thanks in advance!
    1995 Camaro 3.4L V6 Hurst shifter, Hypertech 160 Deg T-stat, K&N FIPK, Eibach Prokit Springs, Dynomax Cat back exhaust,Interested in any mods to speed up the car!!!

are you getting AC Delco factory replacements? that could be one problem [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    \'97 Pontiac Firebird A4 3.08/open<br />Best 60ft.: 2.411 Best 1/8: 10.262 @ 69.726 Best 1/4: 15.941 @ 87.48<br />Mods: SLP CAI, Loudmouth, Test Pipe

Comment

how is your battery? could have a shorted cell which is confusing the charging system and overheating the alternator. or it could be a short somewhere (wire rubbed bare touching the frame intermittently). most things are fused except for the wiring from the battery to alternator and to the fuse box so check that.

Comment

Alternators get hot even after running a short period of time. I mean HOT. And yeah, go back to the shop and say that they gave you bad alternator. And "whine" is probably belt slipping. Re-adjust the belt.

[ July 28, 2003: Message edited by: ka50 ]

[ July 28, 2003: Message edited by: ka50 ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
          by ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
          1 week ago
        • RPDRed6
          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
          by RPDRed6
          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
          3 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          No start problem
          by ssms5411
          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
          4 weeks ago
        • SixShooter'00Camaro
          Revival
          by SixShooter'00Camaro
          Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X