No announcement yet.

acceleration loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jsut curious how many miles and when was the last time you changed your CAT? Doubtful its your problem but a misaligned throttle cable can give you trouble. Do you have Cruise contorl on your car?

Comment

well i had 275000 on my last engine before i cracked the head and i got a new 3.4L with 27000 on it and i recently replaced the cat like a month or two ago because i thought that it was the cat causing all the problems and after the cat got replaced it accelerated better and then i got a flowmaster cat back and it got even better but it still seems that there is some kind of restriction in my acceleration even when i floor it it doesnt really take off but when i get in the freeway it has a little trouble going up hill so i shift it into second then let the rpms get up then go back into drive after i get some momentum on the freeway it doesnt really have that much of a problem accelerating, also i noticed when i let off the gas at high speeds (80mph) i hear alot of popping....i dont think that has anything to do with it....could a belt slipping have any noticable power loss also?

Comment

Ya know, not all 3.4s have coil paks ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

About the TV adjsutment, try THIS, for third gens, but still applies to the 700R4
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

thanks..... i do have coil packs

Comment

My car does the same thing, im going to try the cable adjustment and hope it helps. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
            1995 3.4-Blackouts, 3 10\" MTX Subs, High flow cat, Faze voltmeter & air/fuel gauges Kenwood 800w amp,80\'s series Flowmaster, . ....more to come

Comment

well if you get it done before i do let me know so i knowif it will help my problem i am taking my car in monday

Comment

today i was driving and you know how i said that when it shifts it kind of bogs for a sec then i let off the gas and it accelerates more... today i was driving and it shifted into a bog and i didnt take my foot off the gas this time, and i drove it for a sec like that and it ran like ****. i could hear some popping and bogging and i was wondering if it is possible a combo of the tv cable and a cyl not running or a misfire would cause the bog and early shifts...i know the early shifting has nothing to do with the spark and i know it would a engine to bog. after i drove it like **** for a sec and listened to the noises i could smell raw fuel like a strong burned gas smell, any ideas....?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X