acceleration loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acceleration loss

i have a 1993 3.4L and i have a new engine.i cant find out what is wrong with the damn thing it doesnt accelerate like it should ..it seems like it starts out in third and shifts early i was wondering if a non vented gas cap would have any affect on the fuel preassure ..? it takes a while to accelerateand it seems like when i gas it it starts to bog and the more i let off of the gas it accelerates more any helpful advice would be great ...any suggestions egr, vacuum leak, fuel filter,

Well my 3.4 did that and it was the injector's were leaking. Check to see if you plugs are carboned up. It could be alot of things though, fuel filter, coils, ECM. I guess I'm not much help for ya.
    1995 Camaro 3400 SFI V6 M5<br />Custom CAI|FloPro Exhaust|Mobil 1 sythentic|Yokohama T4\'s| 5% Rear Window tint, 35% front| Hockey stick side stripes|Indiglo Gauges|Custom Painted Interior<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/3400camaro\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/3400camaro</a>

Comment

i checked the plugs and they looked pretty normal changed them recently and i will check to see if the injectors are leaking ....however thanks for the reply

Comment

Mine used to do that when I has a stock cam in there with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. When I had the fuel pressure too high, it would run like crap at WOT.
        - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

where is the fuel preassure regulator and can i adjust it or do i just replace the stock one because i have a newer engine in but i have many new parts from the old one ...thanks for the advice

Comment

sounds to me like a detent cable that needs asjusting, for some reason or another, every new engine i have ever had put in a car the detent cable wasnt correctly adjusted. now i install them myself heh

Comment

what is a detent cable? i have never herd of one of those ..is it throttle related?

Comment

yeah, it goes on the linkage for the throttle. its one of the two and if you have cruse conrol, 3 cables on the linkage. it is a cable that leads down into the transmission and it opens and closes a valve that tells your transmission when to shift gears and when to downshift and such depending on the throttle position, ya know how when ya rhomp on it how it drops a gear or two and takes off? the detent cable makes that happen, and its not uncommon for them to need to be adjusted every once in a while.
                when mine needed to be adjusted, it would go through first ok, then second would take forever, third would take forever, and when i slam on it from a roll, it wouldnt take off like it used to, it would drop a gear but move very slow still.

ya sorta get what im talkin bout? i mgiht be able to explain it better if need be. best i could do heh

vaccume or EGR would give you a rough idle and stauling problems, its not a spark issue, because your car is moving and there are coil packs, not a cap and rotor to worry about, and i doubt that its fuel because it "feels like its in 3rd all the time" by that im guessing it takes off real slow, and takes forever to shift. just my opinion

if i can help anymore lemme know

[ July 29, 2003: Message edited by: street thunder racing ]</p>

Comment

is the adjustment something that i could do? ya it seems as if first and second are ok but any higher gears makes it actually slow down and it does go into a passing gear when i floor it! and it only lasts for a sec and then it shifts and slows down a bit and the more i let off the more it seems to go(the gas) if you could discribe how to adjust and how to locate it i will do it today! there is a wire that bolts on the tranny pan but i dont know if that is it

Comment

are you sure that the 1993 camaro trans has a detent cable because i called a shop and the guy seemed doubtful about it being the cable but the way you discribed it ...i think it is

Comment

yeah im almost positive that any car with an automatic transmission has one, esp one like yours, you have a 700R4 behind the 3.4 right? i know FOR SURE that that has one. you CAN adjust it, but sometimes its a PITA and i havnt lookd at the linkage on a 3.8L hard enough to know, if you have a picture of a 3.8L engine, please post it and ill letcha know.

Comment

double post, sorry.

[ July 30, 2003: Message edited by: street thunder racing ]</p>

Comment

yes its a 700r4 and i think the guy is just stupid at the transmission place all the mechanics around here rip you off ...thanks for the reply i will get it checked out,then i will let you know if your diagnosis is right because i ran out of ideas on the problem

Comment

yeah, please let me know.

Comment

can you get to the tv cable from under the hood or is it on the tranny

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X