gonna do open hood vents/inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gonna do open hood vents/inserts

i think ive decided that im gonna drill thru the holes on the stock hood inserts. I think itll give the engine a much cooler environment plus so what if rain gets in? itas not gonna hurt the block and even if it did it would evaporate before it hit it.
    SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

how are you gonna do it? sounds like an interesting Idea. :D

Comment

Wouldn't you have to get rid of the insulation for it to work though?
      <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

That sounds like a great idea, I take it you have a 3.4 right? I have the same hood and have thought about doing that. Let me know how it goes.

Comment

naw i have the 3.8.....i figured that I will just drill holes into the plastic where the dimples are, ill drill a slot into the metal big enough under the plastic insert and do any necessary metal work. I already took off the insulation because i saw no reason for it to be there...Ive had my insulation off for about a month now and have seen no hram in it.
          SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

decided im probably not going to do it. My friend told me that since our cars have air cooling coming from underneather the bumper, that the air being let thru the hood vents would not compliment the original intended design, possibly hurt the engine.

Comment

The air coming from the front of the car is directed at the AC Condensor and the radiator only. Opening those vents though will allow all kinds of road grime to get into your engine bay.
              - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                by ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                1 week ago
              • RPDRed6
                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                by RPDRed6
                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                3 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                No start problem
                by ssms5411
                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X