v6 to v8/ls1 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v6 to v8/ls1 swap

Im looking to swap a ls1 into my 2000 firebird could this be done for 5kish? including labor? How much am I looking at?

maybe. ls1s are still pretty pricey. are you doing it yourself or having it done at a shop?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

nevermind i just saw the labor part. theres alot of work that has to be done to get everything right so im gonna say more like 6kish. due to suspension, rear end and alot of other stuff.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber:
        nevermind i just saw the labor part. theres alot of work that has to be done to get everything right so im gonna say more like 6kish. due to suspension, rear end and alot of other stuff.
        I'm not exactly sure if the rearend has to be swapped because I believe it's the same thats on a Z28 besides the gears... but I could definately be wrong...

...Here's what you're looking at...

Engine / K-Member, Harness
        Transmission / Tourque Conver or Clutch
        Suspension
        Computer
        Fuel Tank/Fuel Lines/Fuel Pump
        Gauges (if you want accurate readings)
        Exhaust

It's probably going to run you closer to 7K minimum unless you come across some HELLA deals... The best and easiest way to do it is buy a LS1 Salvage car...

Also I highly reccomend before dropping that engine in that you do heads, cam, maybe even a stroker to the LS1 just to make the swap worth it otherwise you'd be WAAAAAAY better off just buying a Z28 or T/A...

In otherwords, unless you're willing to invest atleast an additional 5K in mods to the LS1 for about 400 - 500 HP... The swap SERIOUSLY isn't worth the time and money...

[ May 28, 2005, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Need4Camaro ]
        1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

yeah i was talking more about the gears and lsd for the rear.

Follow me!
          Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X