Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugs

How easy or difficult is to replace the spark plugs. How to do it. What are the best ones. I will apreciate your help, thanks
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Pretty easy on my 2001. Depends on your car really. What year?

The originals tend to be rusted in place so they are a pain to get out. But after that, replacing plugs is easy.

I use Bosch Platinum 2's.
    -Mark (aim: Eredasx)-<br />Black 01 Bird. 3\" exhaust. Eibach pros. Tokico shocks. Whisper lid. SLP CAI. LS1 DS. SLP fan switch. LSD. BMR PHR, LCAs and STB. Status: still repairing damage from punk thieves.

Comment

The mine one is 99.
      Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by borispeed:
        How easy or difficult is to replace the spark plugs. How to do it. What are the best ones. I will apreciate your help, thanks
        I am not sure about your car, but some general tips.
        -Make sure the plugs are gapped properly.
        -Be very careful not to cross-thread the new plugs. It is very easy to do and getting them out later will be a real pain.
        -make sure you get a good "click" when snaping the new wires on.

Otherwise, it is usually easy (unless the intake system is in the way).

Good luck.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Yours will be easy then. Just be careful on the rear plugs as nice sharp, rusted metal parts tend to be very close to them (ask viper04af about that).

Removal of the plugs is easy. Just do one at a time. Remember they come off in counterclock and go on clockwise. They only need to be hand tight (enough so that they won't back out of the sockets). Start with the number 1 plug - the first driverside plug. It's easy to see and easy to remove. This is a good time to replace your wires too. I have 8.5mm accels on my car. Don't forget to re-use the heat shielding from your original wires too.

You are going to need a spark plug socket and a small extension to get to the plugs though since you have to reach between the manifold tubes. If the car is still a little warm (but touchable without being burned), it will help the plugs come out a little easier.
          -Mark (aim: Eredasx)-<br />Black 01 Bird. 3\" exhaust. Eibach pros. Tokico shocks. Whisper lid. SLP CAI. LS1 DS. SLP fan switch. LSD. BMR PHR, LCAs and STB. Status: still repairing damage from punk thieves.

Comment

as far as plugs go, i wouldn't run bosch +2's.. i have tried them on two seperate occasions and seemed to lose power with them. i took them out and only 25% or so actually ever fired to both electrodes. I feel they are a waste, but thats just my opinion. I run a standard autolite plug and change them regularly and see good results.
            Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

When I moved to the bosch platinum +2s, I noticed a significant increase in my acceleration over standard single tipped plugs. Our different results could also be due to differing years in the cars and their ignition systems differences.

Comment

true.. the differant engines do have to be taken into account. fromwhat i've seen, the 3.8's seem to fire better than the 3.4's... but it still doesnt erase the fact that most of the +2's ive used were not gapped correctly from factory, thus causing them to only fire to one electrode, not two. but hey, if you are having luck with them go for it.
                Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                  by ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                  1 week ago
                • RPDRed6
                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                  by RPDRed6
                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                  3 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  No start problem
                  by ssms5411
                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X