clutch grinds in reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch grinds in reverse

idk y but for some reason whenever i tryu and throw it in reveerse its like the gears r still spinning ya kno and it clicks as it goes in and grinds..and its only in reverse when it does this..wut could be the problem here

mine did that too, just before the master and slave cylinders went out. I had to have them replaced.

check under the car for any fluid leaking near the transmission.

Comment

try going into 5th before you put it in reverse. i think i read somewhere that theres no soliniod ( spelling ) in reverse. i had to replace my clutch master cylinder too. my clutch was stuck to the floor.
      1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Totally normal. There's no synchro on reverse gear (or a different type according to others...beats me) so it'll do that. Just put it in fifth then into reverse. Nothing to worry about.
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

synchro...yeah, thats the word. i was close. i knew what it was i just couldnt think of the word.i thought i was right [img]redface.gif[/img] :( thanks 98camaro3.8 i think you helped me figure out what was wrong with my clutch too right? changing that master cylinder was a PITA and took forever. thanks alot.
          edit: sorry for the confusion, im learning
          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X