• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP PLEASE

Hi i wen to auto zone today to get my car scanned for codes and i got these
    P0117 Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Low Input
    P0118 Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit High Input

What can i do about these problems thanks

Sounds like your ECT sensors may be going out or you have a open/short int eh wiring to the sensor. Did you recently do a thermostat change?

[ October 23, 2002: Message edited by: stagen ]</p>
    94 Quasar Blue Z28<br /><a href=\"http://www.9t4z28.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.9t4z28.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.9t4z28.com/Dyno1.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.9t4z28.com/Dyno1.htm</a>

Comment

no i have had the thermo but when i took off my throttle body i pulled out some wire in a sensor at the intake manifold and they would not ever go in correctly and my fans are always on now so any suggestions

Comment

pull the plug on that sensor and fix the wires.. your fans stay on as a safety feature of the computer.. computer doesn't know the coolant temp so it keeps the fans on just in case..
        -Brad
        98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
        2000 V-Star Custom 1100
        If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
        :rock:

Comment

okay im getting sorta fusturated with these wires that plug into the sensor i cannot get them to go in the right place they keep slipping oout what should i do any suggestions

Comment

Please Help i took out the sensor from the intake manifold and i looked at it and want to know what i shopuld do

Comment

I put the wires back in and they did not do anything at all so what now?

Comment

Perhaps you should take a picture or be more descriptive with the problems you are having. Just telling us you have a sensor that wires wont go into doesnt give us much of a mental picture to go on. Is something bent? Broken off? There must be a reason these "wires" are not staying in place. What shape is the connector in?
                Jared W. Drummond<br />jdrummon@vt.edu<br />1997 3.8 Firebird M5<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler* *SLP Cold Air Intake* *Zexel-Torsen LSD* *1-Piece DS* *Eibach Pro-Kit* *Removed MAF Screen* *Manual Fan Switch* *Mobil 1 Oils*<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Pioneer Premier DEH-920R Headunit* *Orion Cobalt 6 1/2\'s* *Sub Stealth Box w/ Alpine SWR-1021D* *Kenwood 728S Amp for Sub*

Comment

My bad sorry anyway i do need pics but for now the plug isnt in good shape its a little white piece that the wires go into saying if i needed one of these if i did were would i be able to purchase one thanks

Comment

Do you HAve a manual Fan switch? When I put my switch in MY 99 camaro set those same codes the only way yo get rid of it is to take out the fan switch. or else it will keep coming back.
                    1999 Camaro V6 A4<br />Navy Blue metallic<br />Intake+Exhaust+4.10+?=?

Comment

nope i sure dont i was thinking about putting on in but then this problem arrived

Comment

OK Thanks all for your help and tolerating me anyway i finnaly got the problem fixed and call me crazy but it actually feels like it runs a hella better any thanks!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X