SES light like clockwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES light like clockwork

I brought my bird out here to Guam and I'm having a problem that you might be able to resolve. I ran low on gas(about 1/4 tank) and the car died like it was completly out of gas. I towed it home and put gas in it and it took forever to start. I changed the fuel filter,new pluge and wires along with all 3 coil packs. Now the car runs great for exactly 6 minutes. Doesn't matter if I'm sitting still or at highway speed...the SES light comes on and the car runs like crap...seems like its starving for gas. I can shut the engin off, wait a few seconds and restart. The car will run perfectly for 6 minutes and it starts over again. We don't have autozone or anything simular out here so a diagnistic check is a little pricey at a dealer. Its a 95 with a 3.4. 100,000 miles. Any help from over there would be great. :(

I don't know for sure but I hear running out of gas to where the car stalls out can damage your fuel pump. Hopefully someone who knows more about it will comment.
    \'96 A4 Camaro 3800<br />Nothing but... <br />Flowmaster 40 series

Comment

This is possible,but the car runs fine at any speed until the light comes on and something changes. Will a bad fuel pump throw a light and change the way it runs?

Comment

i believe so.
        brink<br />1998 White Camaro 3.8L V6:<br />Flowmaster Exhaust<br />No cat (straight pipe)<br />Free Ram-Air<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/98camaro98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/98camaro98</a>

Comment

Also bad O2's could too... PCM doesn't read from your O2's till your car is warmed up so that could be an issue. But it's most likely your fuel pump. They don't like being ran out of gas...
          1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
            Good to see the site is back up
            by 2.8 Bird
            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
            3 days ago
          • FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X