Help: ses light Code PO301, update problem fixed!!!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help: ses light Code PO301, update problem fixed!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: ses light Code PO301, update problem fixed!!!!!

Got an ses light today, had autozone run it, code 301 Cylinder 1 misfire. What is causing this, It has relatively new 8mm wires, new plugs, accell coil packs have about 10k or so on them. which is cylinder #1?
    Thanks,
    Jarrid

which coil pack runs cylinder 1?

[ April 03, 2003: Message edited by: JML97-3.8 ]

[ April 09, 2003: Message edited by: JML97-3.8 ]</p>
    1997 30th Anniversary A4 w/ some mods

well its not the coil packs, i put my stock ones on and its still misfiring...

Comment

bet you burned a wire. replace the wire.
      i was swimming in the carribean. animals were hiding behind the rocks except for the little fish, but they told me the squid\'s trying to talk to me. oink, oink. where is my mind?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> bet you burned a wire. replace the wire. <hr></blockquote>

Yeah checkin those in the morning.
        Thanks

Comment

I looked at the #1 cylinder wire, it doesnt "look" bad, could it still be bad???????????

Comment

First just double check that cylinder 1 wire is on nice and tight....No offense to you its just that sometimes its the simple things.

Then switch the number one wire with another wire on a different coil (take this time to inspect the wire carefully to see if there are any digs/slices/burns). See if the misfire moves. If it moves, it's the wire. If not, it's either the plug, the coil, or something fuel related (clogged injector, etc).

Hope this helps. I just recently had a similar problem, it turned out it was the 2/5 coil.
            Justin<br /><a href=\"http://www.bass482.com/firebird/index.html\" target=\"_blank\"> 2000 Black Firebird A4 Y87<br /></a>170.2rwhp/203rwtq (SAE Corrected)

Comment

Thanks,
              I know its on there tight (cuz I took it on and off 5 times) The # 1 cylinder is the very front(closest to you) at the right if your looking at the car from the front, right? I'm gonna check the plug and replace the wire (although it "looks" fine tomorrow) well see...

Comment

fixed it... bad plug not wire, thanks for all the help.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X