After all that I done still having problems - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After all that I done still having problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After all that I done still having problems

After all that I have done still having problems.

So, I have checked the plugs (only have 6,500 miles on them) and they look fine, Changed the cables and still know difference.

Next I change the last 2 remaining coil packs (the ICM and coil pack for cylinders 2 and 5 were changed at 32,000 miles) and for the last few days the car ran worse than it did before.The idle was so rough the car rocked back and forth and when I was driving and push the clutch in the RPMs would only idle down to 1200 until I came to a complete stop. I checked the EGR valve and it seemed to be fine and I am at a loss.

I also have another problem that I do not think is related. Yesterday when I turned on my A/C the car would chug and then the A/C would blow warm air and then the car would chug again and the A/C would blow cold air again.

As of this morning though the RPMs seemed to be idleing down fine but still having a very rough idle from a cold start and a inconsistant idle when warm and also still seeing the missing at cruise and WOT. But the SES light has not come back on for 3 days now (a new record).

So,another question I have is there anything I should look for or do to the ICM before putting on new coil packs.

Any other suggestions are also welcomed.

Please Help!
    Modifications:<br />headers, throtle bod spacer, flowmaster, high flow magnaflow carsound cat, powerdyne sc with 2.9\" pulley and by-pass valve, walboro 255 fuel pump, spec stage 2 clutch, and HP Tuners

so you have changed the coil packs and the spark plug wires. and you checked the plugs, but didn't replace them? why didn't you just put new ones in when you did the wires? i would think that maybe some of the plug wires got put back on the incorrect cylinders. other than that i would replace the plugs and go from there.
    2000 pewter firebird<br />Short Throw Shifter, Whisper Lid, Whisper Ram Air, Holley Filter, B&B Triflo, LSD, BMR LCA, STB, PHR, and sway bars (32/21).<br />Power window conversion

Comment

The wires are on the correct cylinders. I did them 1 by 1 and besides wouldn't it drive like crap if the wires were wrong. It only has a slight miss while driving.

After buying 2 sets of wires (with my headers I have to use two wires that had the 90 degree boots from a set from a 1997 camaro plus my normal 2002 set) and sinking $2500 in other repairs I did not want to spend anymore money than I had to. The plugs I think were supposed to be good for a long time (I can't remember how many miles) and its hard for me to believe with only 6,500 miles on those plugs that they could be bad. They all looked pretty good to me and I even took them to Auto Zone for a second opinion and they said they looked in good shape.
      Modifications:<br />headers, throtle bod spacer, flowmaster, high flow magnaflow carsound cat, powerdyne sc with 2.9\" pulley and by-pass valve, walboro 255 fuel pump, spec stage 2 clutch, and HP Tuners

Comment

Where did you buy ur plugs and wires. That could be the big thing?
        \'94 3.4 liter V6<br />80 series Crossflow muffler Flowmaster<br />K&N Panel Air Filter

Comment

Originally posted by 2002 v6 camaro uncharged:
          The wires are on the correct cylinders. I did them 1 by 1 and besides wouldn't it drive like crap if the wires were wrong. It only has a slight miss while driving.
          Have you scanned the PCM? I have an intermittant miss and it is from the Crankshaft Position Sensor. It DOES NOT light the SES when I get it. I just reset it with my scanner.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

QUOTE]Have you scanned the PCM? I have an intermittant miss and it is from the Crankshaft Position Sensor. It DOES NOT light the SES when I get it. I just reset it with my scanner. [/QB][/QUOTE]

No, I haven't scannned my PCM, what do you use for that. It's not the same one they use at Autozone is it?

Comment

Originally posted by screamingeagle94:
              I bought the plugs at Auto Zone back in December and the wires from Auto Zone about 2 1/2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by screamingeagle94:
                I bought the plugs at Auto Zone back in December and the wires from Auto Zone about 2 1/2 weeks ago.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                  by ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                  1 week ago
                • RPDRed6
                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                  by RPDRed6
                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                  3 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  No start problem
                  by ssms5411
                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X