bad gas mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad gas mileage

I get around 220 miles on eac tank of gas and have heard of [people getting 350 and i am wondering what I can do to fix this.

96 3.8l stock
    The confusion surrounds me <br />change is imminent<br />if I were they<br />we could be great

stop flooring it.

Comment

ya.... thats not gonna make that much of a difference because ive tried driving slo and i got to 245
      The confusion surrounds me <br />change is imminent<br />if I were they<br />we could be great

Comment

Get a big tune up
        check your tire pressure

Comment

what do you mean by a tune up? plugs and wires?
          and my tire pressure is both at 32
          ive put fuel injector cleaner in it and it didnt help much

Comment

Tune up meaning everything

Plugs,Wires,PCV Valve,Air Filter,Dist Cap and Rotor

Comment

Originally posted by V8 Killer:
              Tune up meaning everything

Plugs,Wires,PCV Valve,Air Filter,Dist Cap and Rotor
              [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
              1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Ummm, What cap and rotor, I assume this is what F1GT is laughing at so, me to! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]
                2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

Originally posted by FireFighter:
                  Ummm, What cap and rotor, I assume this is what F1GT is laughing at so, me to! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]
                  I think you need to calm down and have a cigarette

:D

Comment

Um, can't help with suggestion for better gas mileage, because I get the same 250 miles per tank.

Brand new = 250 per tank

At 7000 miles started modding. Ram air, 1.9 Rockers = 250 per tank

At 9000 miles 3" exhaust went on = 250 mpg per tank

Currently at 10,000 miles...just added Super Charger last week. Am looking at 250 miles per tank. (a little less...been testing the PSI output quite a bit lately. :D )

SO, my tank holds 13 gallons. After using 13 gallons tank on very empty. Fill up always = 13 gallons...never 14.

Do different year firebird/camaros have different sized gas tanks? My owners manual says fuel tank capacity is 16.5 US gallons.

Time for some algebra...

if 13 = 250 then 16.5 = 317 miles.

Average mpg = 19.2 with an equal blend of city and freeway miles. I am drivin like Steve McQueen most of the time. Not bad fuel economy for what I put this car trough pretty much everyday.

Would anyone care to offer feedback concerning the descrepancy between my owners manual stating that the 2001 firebird has a 16.5 gallon gas tank and that from day one that car has always taken only 13 gallons. (gauge is fine...same as day one out of the dealer.)

Yaba3800... If nobody replies to my above post I will be making a new thread of my own on this subject. What mileage are you getting? City/freeway, etc.?
                    01 Firebird A4 3.42
                    Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                    and other mods
                    Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

just got 269 after putting a bopttle of injector cleanor in.. (got 180 on a full tank before)

after that tank, mileage went back down... now i put stp cleaner in (with techron) and im at 100 miles, and 3/4 of a tank to go

my ? is... how far past the empty line can we go? i dont want to find out myself... but i have yet to see low fuel light or nething when needle is almost below the line... how many gallons would i have left?
                      White 1998 3.8L Camaro
                      Home Ram Air / Free Flow Intake
                      Drilled / Slotted Rotors with black painted Calipers

Comment

I presume its around 1 to 1.5 gallons of gas, at the "E" line or a little bit before it.My gauge will go past the "E" a smidge. My "Check Gauges" light lits up at 2-3 gallons left. I rrealized this after i topped the tank. The pump always says between 13-15 gals. filled up. Thus leaving 1-3 gallons that existed in the tank prior to fill. .... And 2001s have a 16.8 gallon size tank I believe.
                        Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

HeadyFirebird...yea, but....that just seems like a lot...4 gallons when on E for longer than I should prabobly do. hmm...maybe it is a good thing in the long run.

But mileage comparisons here should at least be done as MPG rather than Miles per tank. sheesh...miles per tank is something the mustang newbies would talk about.

[img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img]
                          01 Firebird A4 3.42
                          Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                          and other mods
                          Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

You're lucky, when my gauge hits e, its empty. I usually get about 19 mpg. My car also has 151,000 miles. Highway i get about 28 mpg, with AC going full blast.

Comment

i didnt say anything about 4 gallons... and thoze numbers were real rough estamets. i didnt pull out my graphing cAlculator and wize this stuff. i used some mental math with maybe some rough estamets. but see for your self, drive it til its e see what happens. you never know unless you try it.
                              Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X