Damn, need a fuel injector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, need a fuel injector

Hey guys, after a tune up and a checking of coil packs, turns out i have a bad injector. Thus I need one for a v6 that's not gonna cost 90 bucks per injector. Any help guys?!?
    ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

what's wrong with it? & how did you figure out it's done?

check out www.clubgp.com sometimes ppl on there sell their l36 injectors...

--matt

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jc Kyle:
      Hey guys, after a tune up and a checking of coil packs, turns out i have a bad injector. Thus I need one for a v6 that's not gonna cost 90 bucks per injector. Any help guys?!?<hr></blockquote>

I have my stock ones but I am selling all six. Let me know if interested.........
      Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
      1996 Camaro Conv
      2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

can anyone post any prices?

I know it's a fuel injector cuz my friend has a 4 grand service light scanner, that displays misfires in real time with charts and ****. We change the plugs and wires, still misfired, used a timing light to look for a spark, still a misfire, it's gotta be a injector
        ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

If you want the six I have I will sell them to you for 65.00 Shipped
          Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
          1996 Camaro Conv
          2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

that sounds like a good deal, so how many miles are on them? Are they in good shape or are they all clogged and nasty? I've never done buying and selling online other than ebay, so how are we gonna do this? If you have any pics, that'd be even better!!

My name is John and you can contact me at yojc@mailcity.com

LET ME KNOW I'M DESPERATE!!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2437482620

--matt

Comment

that's an awesome ebay link, but my camaro is 1999, would these work???

Comment

i &gt;think&lt; an injector is an injector, so it'll fit...someone else know for sure??

--matt

Comment

i was under the impression that some years it's 19lbs and others it's 22, let me know [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

this can help:

http://engine.firebirdv6.com/

--matt

Comment

1999 & 2001 have different AC Delco part numbers, but they're both 22lb injectors. just find out if they'll physically fit or not, and if the electrical connectors on the injector are the same. GM should be able to help you out.

--matt

Comment

FYI - Pre-2000 cars use Multec 1 Injectors, post-2000 use Multec 2s. I was inquiring as to whether the two are interchangeable, I am told they're not, mainly because of different impedances.

The Multec 2s are a better design. The Multec 1s have their coils exposed to the fuel, for cooling. A common problem with them is the fuel eventually corroding the insulation on the coil, and causing a short (probably the problem there).

The Multec 2s fixed that problem. So, anyhow, double check before you go swapping injectors.

Also, LS1s use 26 or 28 lb injectors, depending on the year. The 3.8s use 22lb injectors. 26lb and 28 lb injectors will likely be a bit big to use without tuning.
                          Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                            by ssms5411
                            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                            1 week ago
                          • RPDRed6
                            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                            by RPDRed6
                            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • ssms5411
                            No start problem
                            by ssms5411
                            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X