Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key sticking in Ignition

Hello All,

I ran a search on the database and found basically one discussion that occurred in April 2002 between Justin96bird and knowledgefreak. The response to the question was vague at best so I need a little more detail.

My key began sticking in my ignition today and the only way that I can get it to let go is to move the shift lever back and forth a few times.

Can someone please shed some ligth on what I need to do to fix this ?

Regards,

Paul
    1997 Arctic White 3.8L Firebird A4<br /> T-Tops, Y87, W68<br /> SLP CAI, FlowMaster<br />2002 Black/Black Trans Am A4<br /> T-Tops, WS6

might be the ignition switch I'd get it checked out by a pro.
    <i>Yet another project I have on my hands !</i><br /><b>Except this one runs good and looks bad !</b>,Oh well, easy fix! Can\'t wait to see it when I\'m done...after the body...<b><i>THE FUN MODS COME !!!!!!!!</i></b>

Comment

hold down the shifter button, push the key to accessorie, then push it back to off and it should come out, there is a fix. Read here: http://csce.uark.edu/~jgbertr/rb/trans/park_lock.html

Comment

Thanks for the link and advice. Here's an update ... When I got home tonight, it stopped "holding" the key. Then, when I went to work out it worked fine too ... Then when I got home again it still worked .... odd ! I wonder if the heat might have done it (It had to be over 100 most of the day here). Who knows .... we'll see what it does tomorrow.

Regards,
        Paul
        1997 Arctic White 3.8L Firebird A4<br /> T-Tops, Y87, W68<br /> SLP CAI, FlowMaster<br />2002 Black/Black Trans Am A4<br /> T-Tops, WS6

Comment

Final update on the problem .... Based upon the aforementioned thread from earlier this year (the wire in/behind the console got moved) ... I got pissed off at the whole thing and gave the console a good sound smack (from the driver side) and guess what ... It hasn't done it since .... who knows .....

Comment

ahh, yes. the best solution to any problem - brute force.

Comment

I tend to use a hammer.
              <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/adamon6thstreet\" target=\"_blank\">1996 Firechicken</a><br /><b>15.19@91.61</b><br /><i>It Rocks Your Panties</i><p>Daily Driver: <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/pimpnon6thstreet\" target=\"_blank\">1990 Pontiac Trans Sport SE</a><br />Most recent mod: Mounted an Evan on the dashboard.

Comment

As we say in my profession .....

If it aint broke, don't fix it ....

If it aint working .....

If it won't fit, force it.
                If it won't force, break it.
                If you break it, put it back together right this time !

-Paul

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                  by ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                  1 week ago
                • RPDRed6
                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                  by RPDRed6
                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                  3 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  No start problem
                  by ssms5411
                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X