Got ticketed for no plate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got ticketed for no plate!

I have a billet grill, guess the cop was just havin a bad day, so he wrote me up for no front plate. I told him there we no mounts and his answer was "there should be". So Now i have a ziptied plate on my grill. Damnit. He was also nice enough to write me up for front tinted windows(they are at 30%) and he wrote me up for too many front lights (I have 2 sets of foglights). Somebody have an idea for a better place to put the plate...Legally? :mad:
    Go Fast or Dont Go

I've heard that the front windsheild is perfectly legal... have a friend who kept getting ticketed for no front plate on her Firebird here in TX, and since she mounted it on the front windsheild with suction cups from the inside, she hasn't told me of any further problems. I have also heard of the plate being mounted behind the grille, and even though it isn't completely visible, it is there. You may try both these options and check with the DMV for further info. I personally think this is a stupid law to have.

Comment

How he get you? He can't tell if he's behind you...

In NJ at least, the plate in the dash is not legal. They tell you for temp that you can put it in the right passenger side of the dash where the window meets the door for a short time, but if a cop wants to give you a ticket, if the plate isn't in the factory mounting position, he can ticket you.

That said, I know plenty of people who refuse to run a front plate on their car, and never have a problem....it's just that 1 jerk cop who needs to meet quota.
      \"Since I started working, every single day has been worse than the day before, so that every day you see me is the worst day of my life\"

Comment

heres what california law says

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/wa...ction=retrieve

thats the actually law, basically it says that the front plate can be no lower than 12 inches and no higher than 60 inches - fastened somewhere on the front - and completely visible. so basically if you had to go to court for it, the law is not too specific about the front plate, so the law favors you. if you do it , print o copy of this law and keep it in your glove box for the police to view. a lot of cops are not familiar with this law themselves, but they are hoping to pull you over and finding something else. bah, dont they have better things to do? like booking the guy that jumped over four lanes at 90 mph and cut me off to make his exit.

by the way, if you put it in your windsheild, just check the law at that sight about windshield /driver obstructions.
        hope this helps. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Just because you put a K&N sticker on your Honda doesn\'t make it an 8 second car.

Comment

all I wanna know is how the hell do you get a ticket for having too many headlights??? Sounds to me like your trying to be safe and light up the road more??? I'm so glad I dont live in Cali

[ October 19, 2003: Message edited by: magic1872 ]</p>
          Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by magic1872:
            all I wanna know is how the hell do you get a ticket for having too many headlights??? Sounds to me like your trying to be safe and light up the road more??? <hr></blockquote>

Ever see a car with it's highbeams on and coming towards you at night? Well, what do you think extra lighting would do to oncoming drivers? If the stock number of headlights cannot sufficiently light up the road safely, fix it or buy another car that does.
            Before it's asked, an offraod vehicle CAN have extra lighting, but during normal driving on the highway's, they MUST have covers over them to prevent an accidental flip of a switch and blinding everyone within viewing distance.

-Marc

[ October 19, 2003: Message edited by: hockeyman ]</p>
            sigpic

Comment

sux, i got a no front lp ticket last week cost me 150.00 dollars

Comment

I'm in the same area and I've never had any problems with no front plate (almost 2 years)
                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sean37\" target=\"_blank\">Black \'97 Camaro</a> w/ CAI, catback

Comment

ahh... i love states that only issue rear plates
                  \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

You can put it in your front window and shouldn't have any problems.
                    Thats what all the kids do around here with their cars and the cops never give them any crap about it (even if they are pulled over).
                    <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

yea, i only have to have a rear plate......sucks for your guys

Comment

I've gotten 2 warnings in the past week for no front plate. The funny part is that I've had one since I've owned the car, but my front plate came off when I backed down a steep driveway, and I didn't notice till like a week later. The funnier part is that my Dad has had his car 9 years now with no front plate and has never even gotten a warning for it. I think I'm going to get this to mount a new front plate on:
                        SLP Front Liscense Plate Holder
                        KYB Gas-A-Just shocks
                        K&N filter
                        Dynomax rear section with SS tips

Comment

Here in Texas a new law is about to be in affect. They are giving 90 days from the release of Sept. 1st 2003.

SB 439 makes it illegal to add reflective material, lights, emblems or anything else that changes the color of the license plate or makes it difficult to read the letters on the license plate. The name of the state where the vehicle is registered must be visible.

That makes some license plate borders illegal if they cover up the state name 'Texas'.

While they will be cracking down for this new law, they will also be scouting for anyone without a front license plate. Kind of sucks...

Comment

w00t power to PA'ers
                            Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

it's about retarded to make people put brackets on the front of your car when there are already STOCK freakin brackets on the back for where the license REALLY belongs... these people making laws just do things to aggrivate people don't they?! I wouldn't ruin a perfectly good nose for some creeps who got nothing better to do than just make retarded laws... I'd move to, another state... like alabama...
                              96 3.8L V6 Camaro 5-Speed<br />Vroom Vroom<br />No Power Doors / No Power Locks<br />Removed Jack and Spare<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mikerob283\" target=\"_blank\">CarDomain - Mikerob283</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X