Removing A/C? Other A/C Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing A/C? Other A/C Q's

I got this crazy Idea to rip out my non-functional A/C unit and well I went to advance auto and it seems that they never made a '97 camaro without it... which makes selecting the serpentine belt dificult. So I was wondering where can I get a belt the apropriate length also, I wanted to know what the whole system weighs.

One other thing, when they check your A/C at the shop do they completely evacuate the system or is it likely they didn't bother.
    Black \'97 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://chillcat.fortunecity.net/blahblah.html\" target=\"_blank\">See Pics</a> 3.8L, 5 Spd, Disc Rear, Hurst short shifter, MAF Screen Removed, RK Sport Headers, 3\" Cat, 3\" FM American Thunder Catback, Compcams .512/.507, (2x)275/40/17 Khumo 712(front) (2x)285/40/17 Good Year F1 GS-D3 (back).

If they are just checking the a/c, they don't evacuate it.
    1995 Firebird 3.4L<br /><a href=\"http://kansas.no-ip.com/\" target=\"_blank\">My Site</a>

Comment

I called them up to see what had been done, I failed the leak down test so it all just left anyhow... I've now got half of it spread over my driveway... damn condeneser is being a PITA though... I'll have to measure the belt and see what I can get to replace it...

Edit: Got it out finally... Boy it sure looks clean without that crap in there... just need to take out the compressor now.

[ October 20, 2003: Message edited by: ChillPhatCat ]</p>
      Black \'97 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://chillcat.fortunecity.net/blahblah.html\" target=\"_blank\">See Pics</a> 3.8L, 5 Spd, Disc Rear, Hurst short shifter, MAF Screen Removed, RK Sport Headers, 3\" Cat, 3\" FM American Thunder Catback, Compcams .512/.507, (2x)275/40/17 Khumo 712(front) (2x)285/40/17 Good Year F1 GS-D3 (back).

Comment

So what do I do about re-routing a smaller serpentine belt? All I have to do now is remove the compressor... It's all the way on the bottom and It looks like I may need to get a pulley to replace it with... any other solutions?

[ October 21, 2003: Message edited by: ChillPhatCat ]</p>

Comment

measure the distance with like a piece of string, go to an auto place, and DONT give them the make of the car, just say "i need a XXX inch serpentine belt".

if they ask what car its for, be like "dont worry about it, just give me one for that length" because all they will do it look through the computer for an hour for a camaro without A/C

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X