what next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what next

i have the mods below, and im wondering where do i go from here, what is the best direction for mods. not sure what to do, rear ?, suspension ?,
    other engine mods ?
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory is forever.<br /><br />------------------------------<br />1997 Red Firebird with T Tops<br />Custom 3\" cold air intake <br />K and N filter<br />!maf<br />flowmaster 80 series catback<br />Accel 8.8 300+ spiral ferro wires<br />Bosch 2X platinum +4 \'s

maybe a mild cam ?, they seem to have pretty good gains for the price.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory is forever.<br /><br />------------------------------<br />1997 Red Firebird with T Tops<br />Custom 3\" cold air intake <br />K and N filter<br />!maf<br />flowmaster 80 series catback<br />Accel 8.8 300+ spiral ferro wires<br />Bosch 2X platinum +4 \'s

Comment

in my opinion i would now work on putting what you have to the ground like a limited slip diff., one piece aluminum drive shaft, maybe some suspension upgrades. also do you have any pics or instructions for you customCAI? I am lookint to do that. good luck.
      white 1996 camaro 3800: flowmaster American thunder cat back. hypertech 160* stat, and manual fan switch

Comment

the custom intake was easy as hell. I went to the nearest exhaust shop, and had them make me a pipe. 3 inch inner diameter. comes 4 inches out of intake and has a 90 degree mendrel bend in it. then goes a bout 2 feet to the cone filter i bought for it, get some subber boots at any hardware store to put on the intake side and make sure the cone filter you buy will take a 3 inch pipe. take off your factory air box and all the crap with that. put on your rubber boot on short end and tighten it down with a hose clamp. slide it onto the intake and put a hose clamp on that. then put on your cone filter and i ran mine behind the drivers side headlight. hardest part was extending the wires for the AIT sensor. which is only 2 wires. I added in 3 feet of wire for that and mounted it behind the headlight also, not in the intake pipe. and viola, CAI, i noticed a definate improvement in seat of pants. and smoother idle, hell the flowmaster catback even sounds better... really easy to do. I know nothing about cars and i did it in like 45 minutes. The pipe cost like 20 bucks, and the filter was another 25.

Comment

posi and gears
          \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

I would finish off your exhaust mods, then go for posi and gears.

Do a highflow cat and possibly headers if you are into them. Once you really ease the restrictions on intake/exhaust, then you can work on making some real power [img]smile.gif[/img]

But thats just me (and what I did sans headers).
            -Mark (aim: Eredasx)-<br />Black 01 Bird. 3\" exhaust. Eibach pros. Tokico shocks. Whisper lid. SLP CAI. LS1 DS. SLP fan switch. LSD. BMR PHR, LCAs and STB. Status: still repairing damage from punk thieves.

Comment

i am thinking 3.42's and an LSD rear. Only because i might be coming into a cheap LS1 engine. But thanks for the inputs guys, keep em comin. Also. another question. how do you tune an engine for a 97 without a computer. there has to be a way. adjustable fuel pressure maybe. im not sure..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X