Trunk Release Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk Release Button

After looking in my friends camaros, they all have this button. Is my car the only car made without this button?? Do most of you guys have it I guess?
    1998 Arctic White Camaro<br />3.8L V6 M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series with 3\" tips<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N<br />Flowtech Cutout<br />Free-Ram Air Mod<br />Blue Underbody Neon Kit<br />3 MTX 6000 10\" Subs<br />Rockford 800a2 Amp<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/jeep327\" target=\"_blank\">My Camaro</a>

take that panel off and look under it and see if there is something there.they all come with it
    2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

No they dont all come with it - mine is an 02 and it SPECIFICALLY did not come with it due to *lack* of power everything.

Fine by me - but it would be nice to have again if I could rewire mine up [img]smile.gif[/img] .
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Word to that, Dom. I too have the '02' with no power anything, but really miss the trunk release. Lemme know if anyone comes up w/ any ideas.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dominic:
          No they dont all come with it - mine is an 02 and it SPECIFICALLY did not come with it due to *lack* of power everything.

Fine by me - but it would be nice to have again if I could rewire mine up [img]smile.gif[/img] .
          <hr></blockquote>

Yea I thought at first I didn't have it b/c I don't have power anything. But after looking at my friend's, he has a strip camaro too with no power windows/doors (his is a 96).

But I'm not really complaining, just curious, b/c if I had that button it would have costed me about $500, cuz when my car got broken into, they tried and tried to get into my trunk and take my subs, amp, and cap, but thankfully they couldn't.
          1998 Arctic White Camaro<br />3.8L V6 M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series with 3\" tips<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N<br />Flowtech Cutout<br />Free-Ram Air Mod<br />Blue Underbody Neon Kit<br />3 MTX 6000 10\" Subs<br />Rockford 800a2 Amp<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/jeep327\" target=\"_blank\">My Camaro</a>

Comment

huh i was told they all did damn dealer haha
            2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

Hmm... how the hell do you open the truck if you don't have it? Is the only way to just walk around back and use the key? That's gay, I thought all cars had some way to open the trunk from the inside... heh, check behind the panel and see if there's some wires for it, if so hook up your own button!
              Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

Key only!

I did notice though we ALL have a motorized rear hatch - just gotta hookup a switch with power to make it work. I am going to try it when I goto Cali to see if my suspicions are right - otherwise why the hell would a little electric pigtail be coming off the hatch clasp?
                2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Dominic - Are you saying the electric mechanism underneath the interior lining is already there?
                  I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                  CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                  FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Let me know how this turns out, b/c Id hate to keep scratching up that lil key hole trying to open my trunk at night.

Comment

hey guys, ok heres the scoop

I own a 1994 camaro, it came with no power options. Heres what I did, went to a junkyard found a 1996 model that had power stuff. I pryed out the release button unplugged it and then i went to the trunk and took the two bolts off the electric actuator, (keep in mind you dont need the whole latch just the little actuator). I brought them home to my car......I bolted the actuator to my latch...and plugged it into the wires that are ALREADY THERE and the same with the button in the glove box, the models without power accessories do indeed come from gm with the necessary wires and relays installed. so all u dont is plug the stuff in a and WAALAAAH it works...... no kidding!! hope this helps....let me know...thanks!!

also, check my out at www.g-rodz.com you can see my camaro on there, with some new recent pics coming soon! the car is sweet now so the new pics i put on soon should be hot!
                      Check out my car @ <a href=\"http://www.grodzmotorsports.com:8080/camaro2.html\" target=\"_blank\">www.grodzmotorsports.com:8080/camaro2.html</a> <br /><br />It\'s not what you make, it\'s what you spend! <br /><br />1994 Chevy Camaro 3.4, m5, t-tops, silver exterior, gray interior.<br /><br />Many modz! check out the site for details!

Comment

dont mind my typos!!! near the end what i meant to say waz...

all you do is plug the stuff in and it works ...WALAAHHH

if you guys need help with this email me, but its really pretty simple...grab a button and the little actuator plug then into the existing pigtails, pop the button into the dash, put the two little screws in the rear latch to hold the actuator.....and then hit that buttonn!!!
                        Check out my car @ <a href=\"http://www.grodzmotorsports.com:8080/camaro2.html\" target=\"_blank\">www.grodzmotorsports.com:8080/camaro2.html</a> <br /><br />It\'s not what you make, it\'s what you spend! <br /><br />1994 Chevy Camaro 3.4, m5, t-tops, silver exterior, gray interior.<br /><br />Many modz! check out the site for details!

Comment

A "'02' with no power anything" ?? thats weird, the 02 firebirds came with power everything no matter what packages you get.
                          2002 Black FireBird M5 2-5-02<br />Red BMR strut bar<br />Dynomax Super Turbo muffler with FastToys.com tips.<br />4 Coats of Zaino - Better every time<p>Need to post pictures? Do it <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/\" target=\"_blank\">here</a>. its <b>easy</b> and <b>free</b>.<br />Change your own oil. <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/firebird/oil/\" target=\"_blank\">click here</a>.

Comment

That is weird, I have a 93 camaro with only a few options and I do have the trunk release button in the glove box.
                            1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheRealWave:
                              A "'02' with no power anything" ?? thats weird, the 02 firebirds came with power everything no matter what packages you get.<hr></blockquote>

Firebirds are also a more expensive car.
                              2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X