Venom 400 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venom 400 Problems

Does any happen to own a Venom 400 Performance Control Module? I bought one a few weeks ago and finally got around to installing it this weekend. Its basically a computer with a wiring harness that taps in to the MAP and TPS sensors. Anyways, after hooking everything up I switched the module on and took my car for a test drive. As soon as I backed out of my driveway and put it into drive, the car jerked really hard. Then while going down the road, my car acted like it didnt want to shift into 2nd and didnt until about redline (and I was driving slow too). When it did shift, it shifted really hard. Then my SES light came one. On the way back I tried flooring it but it didnt do anything. It did go but the rpms didnt rev at all. I got back home and unhooked everything. My car is driving fine now but the SES light is still on. I just had the oil, spark plugs, wires, and ignition coils changed and had a full throttle body fuel injection done. Have I just royally screwed up my car?
    <b>Black 1996 3.8L Firebird A4</b><br />--------------------------<br />Custom CAI, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 160 Deg Thermo, BMR ShockTower Brace<br />JVC mp3 HU, two 12\" Infinity Kappa Perfects, Infinity 6.5\" components, JBL 600.1 & 80.4 amps <br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/479229363CPbPiz\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a>

I don't think you hurt your car, just pay attention to the SES light. If it doesn't turn off in a few days, take your car to your local Autozone and get your codes pulled. As for your Venum 400... They do not make one that works with 96-97 year 3.8L, sorry. [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

later
    carldev
    1996 Firebird Y87<br />Dark Green

Comment

Mine is model # V45-135 which says is for 95 3.8L Camaros/Firebirds but I called ahead of time and they said that it would fit all F-bodies w/ GM3800 Series II engines. I think its just an electrical problem and I can just reset it because the car seems to be running fine. I might have to go back and make sure all the connections were good from where I tapped into the sensors.
      <b>Black 1996 3.8L Firebird A4</b><br />--------------------------<br />Custom CAI, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 160 Deg Thermo, BMR ShockTower Brace<br />JVC mp3 HU, two 12\" Infinity Kappa Perfects, Infinity 6.5\" components, JBL 600.1 & 80.4 amps <br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/479229363CPbPiz\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a>

Comment

cool, if you get it working, let us know if you see any performance gain. Us 96-97 guys don't have much in the way of computer upgrades.

later
        carldev
        1996 Firebird Y87<br />Dark Green

Comment

Whats up Akuma. I'm in Spartanburg. It's good to finally see someone from around here on the board.

Comment

I don't know about the Venom 400, but they get bad press around here. Car shifting hard with light on, you're throwing a tranny slippage code. Nothing is wrong with your tranny, computer is attempting to compensate for "phantom slippage." Just reset the computer. Look it up or go to ls1.com and find "resetting the ecm" under mods, I think. Leave fuses out at least 15 minutes.
            Send the chip back. I don't trust the "it should work" kind of deals. Hope this helps.

[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: AMinor65 ]</p>
            <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

Rksport used to carry the venom 400 a while back, I called them like two months ago and was going to order it and they said they didnt carry it anymore. I asked them why and the guy said because they werent doing what they said it would! Has anyone had good results with these things?
              1997 30th Anniversary A4 w/ some mods

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X