Injector Cleaner that WORKS???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector Cleaner that WORKS???

Anyone know of an injector cleaner than is like industrial strength?

I seriously doubt those little bottles at autozone do anything, so is there a professional injector cleaner?
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Go to your nearest VW dealer and get three bottles of their gas additive, which is part number: ZVW 239 003 It should run about $5 a bottle. A full "treatment" is nine bottles, three bottles over three tanks of gas, but using three bottles per tank once every oil change should be more than sufficient. It's real good stuff. [img]smile.gif[/img] We have a Volvo dealer buy 20 cases of it from us a month because they use it in every car.

Brendan
    2000 Camaro L36 M49
    I am a man, I can change... if I have to.... I guess.....<br /><br />-Red Green

Comment

Lucas or seafoam both work.
      2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FireFighter:
        Lucas or seafoam both work.<hr></blockquote>

I use Lucas.
        Keeps my stuff clean.
        <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

the absolute best:

i mean tested by pros, magazines, and everyone...

Chevron with Techron in it.

black bottle, find it at any auto parts store. stuff is real good.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ian:
            the absolute best:

i mean tested by pros, magazines, and everyone...

Chevron with Techron in it.

black bottle, find it at any auto parts store. stuff is real good.
            <hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

I dont want to get into a big debate but a teacher at my school worked for GM developing fuel injection systems and he says that it is impossible for the to get clogged if everything is working properly. I saw him pull a set of a older V8 camaro that had sit and becomed clogged and he put them on his car ran two tanks of cicle K top grade fuel thru them and they were clean. with todays gas the detergent in it keeps them clean. buying to strong of a cleaner will ruin your injector. good luck.
              white 1996 camaro 3800: flowmaster American thunder cat back. hypertech 160* stat, and manual fan switch

Comment

Ditto FireFighter.
                2001 Camaro M5 Coupe(1 of 2,737), no options, Whisper Lid, K&N Air Filter, Free Ram Air, MAFS Screen removed, SLP Manual Fan Switch, 160 thermo, DEE\'s T/B Spacer, EGR Block-off plate, IAT resistor, CAI to EGR air feed, B&M Ripper Shifter, SLP Replacement Grill, T/A Exhaust, SLP five spoke take-off wheels, BMR strut-tower brace, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR 32/21 front & rear sway bars with poly, BMR Poly/Combo Rear Control Arms, Clear front & rear corners, HPP3 modified 87 Octane program.<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1</a>

Comment

I had a really good experience with the Techron additive. My gas mileage went from around 18-20mpg up to 25-30mpg that was with no change in driving styles or anything. Oh yeah and don't waste your money on GM injector cleaner that goes for like $15 a bottle from all the evidence I've come across

Techron Additive = GM Additive

Hope that helps you out some.
                  3.42 gears w/ LSD,<br />Headers, Cat delete, Loudmouth,<br />SLP intake, K&N, Whisper Lid, <br />EGR delete

Comment

I like Techron and Redline cleaners..
                    Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
                    Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

My car runs like CRAP when I use Chevron gas...
                      I never understood why...
                      My car loves 76 :D
                      <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

my car loves chevron 93+ sometimes i'll drop in a bottle of Race104+....that stuff really wakes her up...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
                        1998 Chevrolet Camaro L36 M5<br />1982 Toyota Celica Supra 7MGTE project car - FOR SALE<br /><br />\"I find the most sensual part of the woman is the boobies.\" - Zap Brannigan

Comment

There are 2 basic types of FI cleaners:
                          1&gt;The pour it in the tank kind.
                          2&gt;Professional direct feed kind.

The pour-in come in a thousand different brands, and vary widely in effectiveness. The techron has the best reputation among these. I use a techron with every oil change as preventative maintenance.

If you already have a problem, the pour-in may take several applications to fully clean you out. If you have a serious problem, the pour-in may not be strong enough.

A proffessinal cleaner uses much stronger chemicals, since it doesn't have to sit in the fuel system, where it can cause damage if left in there. They disconect your fuel line and pressure feed cleaner directly to the engine, then start it up and let it run on straight cleaner untill the can is empty. If that doesn't help, then you need new injectors.
                          2002 CAMARO \"RS\"<br /> 3800/M5/Y87

Comment

Another VOTE for TECHRON here. I read it in Motor Trend several years back where an indenpendent laboratory tested a b4 and after. BMW also did a test on TECHRON. Both got rid of a lot of carbon deposit.

Another recommendation from personal experience is RESTORE's 2-in-1 octane booster and fuel injection cleaner. My old car ran like chit, kept hesistating with the slightest pressure on the pedal. It was rocking back and forth and would not accelerate unless I hella feather it. I then put a bottle of RESTORE and as soon as I left the station it felt a little better and as I drove and used up the gas, it ran good again.

One that I don't recommend is STP COMPLETE FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER. Used it in my old car also, and I stepped on it at night from a light, looked in the rear view and noticed a big cloud of smoke. Haven't used it since. And my girl, back then, stated that her teacher was talking about STP and how they had to make some sort of public apology or something about this product.
                            1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X