What about getting.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about getting.....

What do you guy's think about getting an aluminum radiator a better fan or fan's for the car with a little bigger piping or that metal type piping from the radiator to the motor... what i have read it can't be bad i think like 30% lighter and i think 40% cooler on the car... but if im wrong what do you guy's still think?
    Old 2003 gt, Pullies, k&n air filter, tb and spacer, off road xpipe, catback exhaust accufab plenum, volant cai. quadrant clutch, cable, firewall adjuster, predator programmer and 180 thermo with 255/40/17 nittos on the back

I thought about this a while back... I think that this would be overkill for someone unless they have a lot of mods done. theres only so cool that a street driven car can run. If its too cool it can actually begin to hurt performance some. Im at school now but i have a link for a custom radiator shop online and they have AWESOME prices... If some more interest is expressed ill post is later tonight if i find it. But if its a daily driven car goin under a 145-150* operating temp might be bad(then again i may be wrong... maybe magnus or ironman24 would konw better). but this might be a good thing for cars that are SC'd and runnin nitrous. But better fans or somone figuring out how to run our water pump with the car off so the water circualtes and can cool the engine quicker would be a good thing I think...

Matt
    [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: camaro97 ]</p>
    -Matt<br />Manager/Tech Support<br />Precision Speed & High Performance<br /><br />visit us on the web at:<br /><a href=\"http://www.precisionspeedonline.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.precisionspeedonline.net</a>

Comment

Yeah post it for me so i can take a look at it... but my car at normal temp is about 170 t0 180 while driving in town...so it might be a good idea i think but im still learning and in due time i shall know.. ill ask my freind's and you fine people on this board... hehehe
      Old 2003 gt, Pullies, k&n air filter, tb and spacer, off road xpipe, catback exhaust accufab plenum, volant cai. quadrant clutch, cable, firewall adjuster, predator programmer and 180 thermo with 255/40/17 nittos on the back

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X