what it all comes down to........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what it all comes down to........

something i havent really seen to much of on this message board which i think is really what it comes down to, how much faster do basic mods really make your car. well i ran my car basically stock (k&n air filter, flowmaster muffler) and then modified (rk sport ram air, k&n filter, bypassed air silencer, 2.5 to 3" cat back exhaust with flowmaster 80 series). i made sure that when i ran it modified that it was under the same conditions (weather, tire pressure, temp, humidity, even the same lane at the strip) this is the average of consecutive runs both modded and stock. so this is what it really comes down to.
    STOCK: 16.0 at 81mph

Modded: 15.4 at 88mph

so with basic air induction mods (ram air, bypassed air silencer, and a k&n) and exhaust mods 2.5 to 3" cat -back with flowmaster 80 series it comes down to 6 tenths of a second gain and 7 mph faster. needless to say im pretty happy with the results especially since i watched a 2001 mustang gt run a 15.1 and a 97 mustang gt run a 15.7 i was pretty proud of my v6

plus its an automatic so it gave pretty much consistant times throughout
    -----2k pewter camaro A4-----------<br />*Rk Sport Ram Air<br />*Bypassed Air Silencer<br />*2.5\" to 3\" cat-back exhaust<br />*3.42 LSD<br />*Racing Strips, rims, carbon fiber grill, painted interior

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    1996 Arctic White Firebird , Auto , stock <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/smokeyinswf\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/smokeyinswf</a>

Comment

that's pretty encouraging [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

awesome! i wonder how much 3.42s or a cam would add, both on a stock car and a lightly modded one?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X