Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Window Motor Replacement

1997 A4.....

My passenger side window motor is overheating and causing a relay switch to disable the window from going up and down all the way. If left to cool for a few minutes it will move slightly up or down. Anyone out there have any suggestiond as to how to replace the window motor????

thank-you.
    1997 30th Ann. Camaro RS <br /><br />Aluminum CAI, Magnaflow Cat-Back, Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat., 160 Thermo. <br />B&M Shift Plus, Taylor 8mm Spiro Pro Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs

http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html

next time please do a search first.....this is all discussed in the modification encyclopedia under stereo/electronics ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

ME and some buddies just did this this weekend, wasnt too hard, just getting rid of the factory rivets was kinda interesting. Good luck,
      Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

Just did this a couple weeks ago, 3 hour job, no big deal. Get a good drill bit and the rivets will be no problem. My bit was kinda small so I had to drill a hole in the center of the rivet, then use a tap and hammer to get it out. Easy though, I used that site, it's right on. You wont have any problems at all. So good to have windows again...
        94 Firebird 3.4 - RIP<br />97 Firebird 3.8 - In the works

Comment

I guess I'm the only exception here. My driver's side window was a PITA! Although I forgot to secure the window when I drilled out the rivets and as the window was doing like 60mph downward, the tracks jumped out and scraped against the window tint scratching it to hell. Other than that, it was a breeze.
          sigpic

Comment

You may not have to replace motor. Something may just be binding the windows motion, causing the motor to overheat and shut off, so check that first.
            Current Mods: SS Rims, CPR Boxed LCAs, Whisper Lid, SLP Underchin Ram Air, Pro 5.0 Shifter, 235/60/15 BFG DRs, Monster Tach w/ shift light, posi w/3.23<br /><br />Future Mods: Ultra-Z hood, 4.10s, Y-pipe back exhaust, !CAT, Battery Relo, Custom programming

Comment

First time i did it by my self took me about 2 hours thats including drilling out the rivets.

Now can swap a motor out i n about 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by CAMAROWIDBASS:
                First time i did it by my self took me about 2 hours thats including drilling out the rivets.

Now can swap a motor out i n about 20 minutes.
                ditto...and you can grease the tracks as much as you want the motors in these cars just love to go bad all the time....you will have to replace the motor....unless you can find a write-up on the site I did about a year ago on how to change the thermistor inside the motor....becuase that is the only part of the motor that goes bad ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                05' CTS-V
                00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X