question about switches...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about switches...

I have a 97 camaro rs. When I took the center dash bezel out to install the stereo, I noticed that, in addition to my fog light switch, there is another plug with wires coming from it back there.

Does anybody know what switch this would be used for? Also, if I came across the switch, would it work if I hooked it up with the wires that are back there?

That is probably the connector for the SGS (Second Gear Start) switch. It is used on automatics to force the transmission to start out in second gear in slippery situations.
    <b>Mike</b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mcjoslyn\" target=\"_blank\">2001 Camaro</a><br />Light Pewter Metallic Convertible<br />AU0,A31,C60,DG7,F41,GU6,K34,L36,M30,T82,T96,UN0<p ><b>If it can\'t be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion.</b>

Comment

k...i have another question. I don't have power windows. Is it possible, if I order all the OEM parts, to add power windows to my car? Is the wiring all already run like the SGS wires are?

Comment

No, the wiring is not there for power windows, but you can do it; I'm actually about to do the same conversion with my car. You'll need to get the OEM wire harness or a harness that comes with a conversion kit (I hear this is a good kit; it's the one I'm gonna use). You'll also need to get the switches (I have the driver's side ones that I can sell you if you want, just e-mail me).
        1997 Chevy Camaro<br />3.8L V6 w/ SLP CAI...check out the gallery on <a href=\"http://jaredmiller.sphosting.com\" target=\"_blank\">my website</a> to see more

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X