This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPO Question

According to my RPO code label I have a 3.42 rear ratio (GU6). According to the factory service manual the GU6 option is only available with the Y87 option (which is not on the RPO label). Do I have the Y87 option or not?

[ August 03, 2003: Message edited by: mcjoslyn ]</p>
    <b>Mike</b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mcjoslyn\" target=\"_blank\">2001 Camaro</a><br />Light Pewter Metallic Convertible<br />AU0,A31,C60,DG7,F41,GU6,K34,L36,M30,T82,T96,UN0<p ><b>If it can\'t be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion.</b>

If "Y87" is not listed you do not have it.

BTW, all this information is in the Tech Database.

[ August 03, 2003: Message edited by: FirebirdGT ]</p>
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

The Tech Database doesn't explain why the Service Manual says the GU6 option is only available with the Y87. That was why I asked.
      <b>Mike</b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mcjoslyn\" target=\"_blank\">2001 Camaro</a><br />Light Pewter Metallic Convertible<br />AU0,A31,C60,DG7,F41,GU6,K34,L36,M30,T82,T96,UN0<p ><b>If it can\'t be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion.</b>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mcjoslyn:
        The Tech Database doesn't explain why the Service Manual says the GU6 option is only available with the Y87. That was why I asked.<hr></blockquote>

GU6 is part of the Y87 option, but after 98 it is found on many automatics. You always have to go by the listed RPO codes on your car.
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

From what I've seen it looks like GM sometimes substitutes parts, maybe because they run out of something.

There was a thread about one piece driveshafts where someone said they only came w/A4s. Some of us with M5s and one piece driveshafts begged to differ.
          2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mcjoslyn:
            According to my RPO code label I have a 3.42 rear ratio (GU6). According to the factory service manual the GU6 option is only available with the Y87 option (which is not on the RPO label). Do I have the Y87 option or not?

[ August 03, 2003: Message edited by: mcjoslyn ]
            <hr></blockquote>

Yea my 2001 Firebird has the same code GU6. So iam pretty sure i have the 3.42 to. The dealer i just took it to. To have some work done said i have the biggest rear they made that year. They had to test the tranny for a problem. And said my car hauls for a v6!
            2001 Sunset orange Firebird! Gone!<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/478082\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/478082</a> <br />Whisper lid,SLP CIA,FLowmasterexhaust.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by V6Bob:
              From what I've seen it looks like GM sometimes substitutes parts, maybe because they run out of something.

There was a thread about one piece driveshafts where someone said they only came w/A4s. Some of us with M5s and one piece driveshafts begged to differ.
              <hr></blockquote>

Tech db for 1999
              <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>All V6 cars get a one-piece steel driveshaft to replace the two piece steel unit used in earlier years <hr></blockquote>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X