gotta problem and have not a clue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gotta problem and have not a clue

I was driving my car the other day and all the sudden is started getting real sluggish like the tranny was slipping. Well i let it cool off and it ran fine until it got up to temperature. I was wondering if anyone knew what could be causing this. I am hoping it is just misfiring and it needs new spark plugs but i am bracing for the worst. It dont seem to be good whatever it is. If i can get some help or advice quick i would greatly appreciate it. :(
    Mods List:FREE ram air mod,FREE air lid smoothing mod,Air silencer removal,K&N Filter,Magna Flow Exhaust. cat delete, 3.42 + lsd.2600 stall tc,alto red eagle complete tranny rebuild.

My guess would be an Oxygen Sensor or maybe a MAF Sensor. Are you getting an SES light when it feels sluggish? Have you changed your air filter anytime soon? There could be TONS of things that could cause it, and an SES light would greatly narrow the problem down ALOT.

-Marc

ps: for ses lights, autozone scanns our cars for freeeee ;)
    sigpic

Comment

Could be a clogged cat.
      2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by John D.:
        Could be a clogged cat.<hr></blockquote>

another good possibility too.
        The next time you are getting this power loss, pull the car over and take a look at the catylitic converter, if it's hot to the point where it's red or even white in color, then you need to replace it ASAP!

-Marc

[ August 05, 2003: Message edited by: hockeyman ]</p>
        sigpic

Comment

well, i took the car t a dealer to get it diagnosed. And it is an intake leak , which is a crack in the intake manifold. So yea they priced me 900 bucks to fix it. Can anyone tell me if this is a do it yourself job that i can do and how much a intake manifold cost for my car. I need help fast, i dont have 900 to get it fixed, please help. [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
          Mods List:FREE ram air mod,FREE air lid smoothing mod,Air silencer removal,K&N Filter,Magna Flow Exhaust. cat delete, 3.42 + lsd.2600 stall tc,alto red eagle complete tranny rebuild.

Comment

Ouch, how did that happen?!
            Get on ebay. I was just looking at some intake manifolds for 98+ Camaro's the other day.
            It's a little involved, but with some minor mechanical skills, you can pull it off.
            Even if you buy one from ebay and take it to a mechanic, it won't cost anywhere NEAR what a dealer will screw you for.

-Marc
            sigpic

Comment

Just found out all this is caused by a cracked head, and that my car has been wrecked b4. I am severly pissed and have taken it up with the dealer i bought it from for not telling me this. I am only gonna have to pay 600 to get a new head for it and the gaskets and stuff, but that is only caus ei know the mechanic. DONT TRUST CARFAXES. They are B.S.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X