SERPINTINE BELT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SERPINTINE BELT

WHAT HAPPENS IF MY SERPINTINE BELT BRAKES AND WHEN SHOULD I REPLACE IT.
    1996 CAMARO M5 3.8, SLP CAI, FLOWMASTER CAT BACK WITH 80 SERIES.<br />MODS ON THE WAY ZEXEL LSD, ONE PIECE DRIVESHAFT.

If it breaks your accesories have no power. and neither does your water pump so you overheat. replace it whenever it looks like it needs to be replaced, ie: cracks, glazing, wut not. i do mine every 30K miles or so
    <a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/e/defrag/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">1997 Firebird V6-Y87/W68</a>

Comment

you can have so many cracks per so many inches... i forget the rule... but in general if it looks old and ugly just replace the stupid thing.

Comment

And TURN THE CAPS LOCK OFF.

Thanx

Comment

belt tensioner should have 3 marks on it. 1 that moves w/the pulley, & 2 more on the non-moving portion to let you know when the belt has stretched too much.
          1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
          94 comero 3.4

Comment

replace belt every 30,000 to 36,000 miles. keep old belt in trunk.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by chas:
              replace belt every 30,000 to 36,000 miles. keep old belt in trunk.<hr></blockquote>

Exactly!
              I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
              CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
              FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

How much do they cost and why should i keep one in the trunk.
                1996 CAMARO M5 3.8, SLP CAI, FLOWMASTER CAT BACK WITH 80 SERIES.<br />MODS ON THE WAY ZEXEL LSD, ONE PIECE DRIVESHAFT.

Comment

i called autozone for you they cost 3000 dollars and the guy said keep it in the back in case you need a really big rubber band someday.

Comment

cost $15 at DAP yesterday, keep one in the trunk just in case it ever breaks and u need a quick fix
                    <a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/e/defrag/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">1997 Firebird V6-Y87/W68</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by knowledgefreak:
                      i called autozone for you they cost 3000 dollars and the guy said keep it in the back in case you need a really big rubber band someday.<hr></blockquote>

do you mean 30.00 right not 3000 dollers

Comment

D'oh I tossed my old one in the trash last month. I should have keeped it. Thanks for the tip guys.
                        White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

I just replaced mine with a Goodyear Gatorback PN#4060945.

It's for the 3.8L
                          Whisper Lid, SLP CAI, KN Filter, 3\" HiFlo Carsound Cat, full 3\" mandrel-bent piping, Flowmaster 80s, Casper O2 Sim, BM Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 3300 Torque Converter, Corvette Servo, 3.42 gears, SLP take-off LSD, Manual Fan Switch, & 160 Thermostat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X