just got done changing plug wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got done changing plug wires

Wow what a pain in the butt! But it sure beats paying the fools at firestone $370!!

i got it all done with about $30 in parts and ~2.5 hours of labor and a couple burns from trying to work on it right when I got home.

Tips: Have a pair of snips handy to cut off all the looms, I have no idea how you guys can succesfully remove them when there all stuck in the engine bay, i couldnt even remove one i had clear access too, A little work with the snips cleared them out.

Use zip ties to keep the wires together since you took away the looms. Re-use that wire wrap thats around the wires. I didnt but I prolley should have.

um other than that, just take your time and be patient, also I wrote the corresponding #s on the wires like the OEM ones had. Just in case they pop off or something.

good luck, and get ready for some neck problems after going over and under the car 40000 times in a row ;)
    <a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/e/defrag/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">1997 Firebird V6-Y87/W68</a>

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X