hesitation??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hesitation??

If I just accelerate without getting on the gas then everything is fine, but when I put it to the floor at about 2500 rpms and on there is a bad sputter that I can hear from my exhaust. My friend said that it might just be the cutout but I can feel it too but he can't fell it when he drives my car. I just had the Spark plug wires replaced because a few weeks ago, I had my car tune-up at pep boys and they said that a couple of the plugs had a solid black ring around where the wires go over it, so I thought that maybe that was the problem, and it did take a lot of the feeling away but I can still notice the hesistation. I am going to the track with my friends on friday night and would like to know if I should get my car tuned-up again because I know that the time will be affected by the sputter. What should I do??? :(

Sounds like a fuel system problem to me.
    1995 3.4-Blackouts, 3 10\" MTX Subs, High flow cat, Faze voltmeter & air/fuel gauges Kenwood 800w amp,80\'s series Flowmaster, . ....more to come

Comment

yea i might be a fuel system problem or maybe your wires are deffective. the ones pepboys gave me a couple monthes ago did that. i started misfiring a month after i got them, on two of the wires the metal piece which resides within the boot that clips to the plug broke off(they were still sitting on the plugs when i pulled them off to check the plugs)i put another set of wires which fixed it. mb coils?

[ August 08, 2003: Message edited by: StegsRide ]</p>
      1994 White Firebird 3.4L A4<br />Mods: K&N CAI RKSport Headers & SLP Loudmouth Cat Back <br />1969 Mustang Mach 1 351C M4<br />Mods: None yet......<br />~ Ryan

Comment

Wires!
        99 3.8 Camaro (M5) Y87

Comment

are you sure it is only there under heavy accel? if it was a wire it would be there all the time? if you put your habd near exhaust while running feel if it free flowing if you feel a stop for a sec than it is there all the time. then it could be a wire or plug? check TPS sensor common stuble cause. also does your car use any oil? or get worse fuel economy than it should? if it were wires it would be there all the time. dead head the fuel pump and measure pressure against the spec. could be inadecuate pressure for heavy accel. sorry if I ramble but it could be anything. hope this helps.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X