Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR issues?

97 Camaro A4, 70k miles.

I had my car hooked up to a Snap-On Tools Diagnostic scanner a buddy of mine borrowed from his shop. We were scanning/testing for an issue I was having with stalling(since resolved), but he did find one thing that didn't make any sense.

During one of the tests, he 'opened up my EGR' to simulate a vacuum leak, opened it fully...and the car continued to idle normally.

The only way the car should have idled normally is if the valve wasn't in fact opening at all...correct?

Incidentally, the stalling problem went away when I took out Magnus' old PCM and swapped my old one back in. This is significant because I have a canadian car(metric) and his PCM is imperial... the PCM was causing sporadic issues with fuel and spark as well as power loss and electrical issues.

My theory on the EGR thing is that the diagnostic scanner was unable to open the EGR valve because the PCM isn't controlling it properly.

Am i out in space on this one? I know when I asked last year about PCM's from US cars in a Canadian car, no one new of any issues.

Any thoughts?
    1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Regarding the stalling issue...Did you run a CKP Learn Procedure on the new PCM when you got it?
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
      Regarding the stalling issue...Did you run a CKP Learn Procedure on the new PCM when you got it?
      CKP Learn Procedure? huh?
      1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X