Is this normal for the temperature guage, HELP. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this normal for the temperature guage, HELP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal for the temperature guage, HELP.

My car seems to be having a problem recenlty, I turn it on and it usually starts right up, but about 2 or 3 times, it wouldnt start. I would start it again and rev and then it would start.

Then if I stop revving it, it would stop, so I keep revving the car in park. So when I drive the temperatue guage goes more than 210 and then after a while it goes back to where it normally is between 160 and 210.

And this has never happened to me before, but if im stuck in traffic, the temperature guage goes up to 210 and then goes back between 160 and 210.

Its preety cold in NJ, could the cold be a reason? Cause my car had no problem starting right up when it was about 8 degrees outside.

I checked my coolant it was fine.

Does this happen to others or only me?

I don't know about the starting problem, but that's normal on the heating up and cooling down part. While your cars not moving in traffic it'll warm up. When it gets so hot it'll kick your electric fans on and cool it back down. It'll do this until you get out of the stop and go traffic. Do a search and you can find a lot of info on this.

[ February 05, 2004: Message edited by: O2Bsogood ]</p>
    1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

yes, it's normal. Our cars have a redline at about 210 degrees, then the fan kicks on to bring the temp back down. You may want to get that starting problem fixed though. You don't want to get stuck out in the cold somewhere (or anywhere for that matter) when it finally decides to quit firing up.
      Have you changed the fuel filter and air filter recently? Give the air filter a check if you haven't, and replace the fuel filter.

-Marc
      sigpic

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hockeyman:
        Have you changed the fuel filter and air filter recently? Give the air filter a check if you haven't, and replace the fuel filter.

-Marc
        <hr></blockquote>

Thanks alot for your answers guys.

I have changed the air filter recently, but havent replaced the fuel filter. How often do you have to replace that?

Comment

changed mine at 40,000
          2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

Be real careful with that problem. My 95 Grand Prix SE had the same temperature problem. I ignored it for two days. On my way to work the third day (anticipating taking it into the shop the next day), I heard a clank, then a rattle. I pulled to the shoulder. Wound up needing a new engine.

[ February 05, 2004: Message edited by: deity ]</p>
            Let the <a href=\"http://www.1nvader.com\" target=\"_blank\">1nvasion</a> begin.

Comment

Deity that sucks, I had a T-Bird before this car, and I messed up the engine somehow, and it needed to be rebuilt, cost me about 2000 bucks.

But Deity was the temperture gage all the way hot, or inbetween. Cause the highest mine goes is half way, not all the way.

And FireFighter that could be a problem cause my car has 44,000 miles and I havent changed the fuel filter.

I will take it to the dealer on Monday, hopefully the engine doesnt wreck.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X